What's new

Favors deserves to close games

David Stern

MAYBE they're just trying to keep him fresh for the playoffs by keeping his minutes down.... but Favors has just been killing it lately. He's shooting a career high, is dominating 4th quarters, and has got to be our 2nd best scorer right now. I want to see Quin bench Ricky, and try a closing lineup with Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Favors/Gobert. Instead of having Mitchell go ISO all the time, maybe try the deadly Ingles/Favors PNR in the last two minutes?

Reactions: SCS
MAYBE they're just trying to keep him fresh for the playoffs by keeping his minutes down.... but Favors has just been killing it lately. He's shooting a career high, is dominating 4th quarters, and has got to be our 2nd best scorer right now. I want to see Quin bench Ricky, and try a closing lineup with Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Favors/Gobert. Instead of having Mitchell go ISO all the time, maybe try the deadly Ingles/Favors PNR in the last two minutes?
I think you found the answer in the first sentence of your remarks. Playing him less minutes and saving wear and tear on his body. Every year he has played big minutes he ends up with injuries. Back spasms, fluid on the knee or whatever else. This is one place I think Jazz trainers have excelled. They have found the right work load for Favors to capitalize on his abilities without wearing him down. I wish they would shift a few of those minutes to close the game however, that is if everyone else can keep us in the game.

Nah, we should have traded Favors and a first round pick for Freaking Mirotic. WAKE UP DL!!!!! Miller's won't spend the money!!!!!!!!

I think you found the answer in the first sentence of your remarks. Playing him less minutes and saving wear and tear on his body. Every year he has played big minutes he ends up with injuries. Back spasms, fluid on the knee or whatever else. This is one place I think Jazz trainers have excelled. They have found the right work load for Favors to capitalize on his abilities without wearing him down. I wish they would shift a few of those minutes to close the game however, that is if everyone else can keep us in the game.

That's the one thing I could see. Maybe Favors realizes that he's dealt with injuries, so the role he's in right now is perfect for his body over the course of the regular season. If the plan is to save him for the playoffs, then I'm totally fine with the gameplan. He's clearly by far our best option in the 2nd unit.

That's a huge lineup and I don't think it would work against most teams. We've seen the past 3 years or so that Quins unwilling to finish games with both Rudy and Favors on the floor together and I don't think that's ever going to change. I definitely think we need to start closing games with either Korver or O'neale instead of Rubio.

Rubio had 10 assists last night and one turnover and you want to bench him? Who do you think is getting the ball to Favors down low in the 4th Quarter? Probably Rubio! Quin for the most part, knows what he's doing! If one of our guys gets out of line and starts to force shots or throw the ball into the stands, then we pull him for a while and get somebody else that will play our style and keeps us in the ball game. That's what a good coach is suppose to do, right?

Do you even watch the games? Favors is getting all of his points in the pick and roll with Ingles.

I watch the games I can! But I was just spit balling that Rubio was/is involved in a number of assists to Favor since he has 10 of them and loves to pass the ball to the big guys! Bottom line is whoever is playing the best should be in the game the last 5 minutes to maximize our chances of winning the ball game, true or false? If that is Ingles then so be it. If it's Rubio then he should be in the game!

Favs should prolly play more... don't know if he needs to be in there at the end. Just can't do more Ricky, Rudy, Favs minutes doe... Ricky needs to sit more if he continues to be Bricky...

Where is Rick Curry?

Favs should prolly play more... don't know if he needs to be in there at the end. Just can't do more Ricky, Rudy, Favs minutes doe... Ricky needs to sit more if he continues to be Bricky...

Where is Rick Curry?
Rick Curry is a myth. Like big foot or Eskimos.

He will be really valuable comes to playoff time. if gobert doesn’t match up well against someone, favs will work well for us. he is great

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I'd go with Korver instead of Crowder