What's new

Favors/Dirk Incident; What Would Harpring Do?

vslice02

To paraphrase Karl Malone, "I don't wanna beat a dead horse until it's dead" regarding the Favors/Dirk incident from Thursday, but here's a clip I found of a virtually identical situation involving Matt Harpring and Doug Christie in the 2003 playoffs. It's amazing how easy it was for the referees to call a technical when it doesn't involve a superstar like Dirk. (warning: poor video quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi8wpNlkBsk

Entirely different situation, but here's another clip from 2003 when Cavs guard Ricky Davis tried to give himself a triple-double by shooting on his own basket with a 25-point lead in the closing seconds. DeShawn Stevenson took exception and afterward Jerry Sloan said "I would've knocked him on his ***."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtGHHnA9ms

The first is more acceptable than the second, imo.

Anyone can get frustrated and swat at a ball .. it takes an expecially large ego/me first guy to pull that Ricky Davis.

(I know I didn't answer the question)

I think Harpring made that guy piss himself when he first swung around and started yelling. Look at the guys face.

I was very disappointed when Favors basically bowed down to Dirk. Possibly not a good sign about his inner fire.

I was very disappointed when Favors basically bowed down to Dirk. Possibly not a good sign about his inner fire.

This. Sorry. I know it's sacrilege but Favors is starting to leave something to be desired for me. I refuse to rip the kid because, let's face it, that's basically what he is at just 20, but man, I'd like to see some spirit, some fire, and more importantly some semblance of offense from him.

This. Sorry. I know it's sacrilege but Favors is starting to leave something to be desired for me. I refuse to rip the kid because, let's face it, that's basically what he is at just 20, but man, I'd like to see some spirit, some fire, and more importantly some semblance of offense from him.

This off season they need to send him down to Malone for the summer. Give Malone two priorities.

1. Offense
2. Fire/Aggression/Attitude

Well, I'll tell ya what I'd do. I'd wait until after the game, and then I'd follow him out to the parking lot, and beat his *** like Jerry Stackhouse. That's what I'd do.

I miss seeing Harpring and Dirk going at it. I only wish Favors would have chucked that ball at Dirk's head.