What's new

Favors got extended

Derrick Favors has reached agreement on a four-year, $49 million-plus contract extension with the Utah Jazz, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The deal includes bonus incentives that could push the package well over $50 million, sources said.

Gtime Bumming now

Yeah I feel like this is a bit much for someone who hasn't shown as much improvement as his counterpart

Only 4M more than Larry Sanders and his offense is far less than Favors minimal offense!!!

Cousins is getting 14million more....

That's a middle level player we can add with Favors deal!!

It's about 1.5-2mil a year more than I was hoping but about what I assumed he would end up getting. I was just hoping for team building/re-signing they'd be able to get them for closer to 10mil instead of 12mil as if you can get 3 players to do that then that allows the team so wiggle room for a solid mid tier glue guy or a couple quality end of the bench players.

Oh but I am happy that they got him locked up for sure.

The only problem is if Kanter has a break out year. Who do you pay hayward or kanter?

Hopefully we are waiting until the end of the year. Unless Hayward will take 10 million a year max. We still can extend Kanter after that.
Kanter will have a break out year for sure.

I would rather wait to extend Hayward. See who will be our long term wing player. Hayward or Burks.