What's new

Favors,Hayward,Hood,Burks ....Pass the ball and help your team mates

tleikheen

The last 5 games and probably could easily go back even more games......the 4 most important guys playing right now

Alec Burks ,133 minutes / 15 assists ...... while shooting 22 /63 .349

Hayward ,163 minutes / 17 assiats ....... while shooting 29 /60 .487

Rodney Hood,157 minutes / 10 assists ....... while shooting 22 / 56 .393

Derek Favors,165 minutes / 5 assists ....... while shooting 32 / 70 .457

618 minutes combined / 47 assists ......... collectively 105/249 42%

these guys aren't creating shots for each other or Snyder can't coach a passing offense....where's the assists in this offense

The last 5 games and probably could easily go back even more games......the 4 most important guys playing right now

Alec Burks ,133 minutes / 15 assists ...... while shooting 22 /63 .349

Hayward ,163 minutes / 17 assiats ....... while shooting 29 /60 .487

Rodney Hood,157 minutes / 10 assists ....... while shooting 22 / 56 .393

Derek Favors,165 minutes / 5 assists ....... while shooting 32 / 70 .457

618 minutes combined / 47 assists ......... collectively 105/249 42%

these guys aren't creating shots for each other or Snyder can't coach a passing offense....where's the assists in this offense

It is the offense. On ball screen, search dribble, on ball screen search dribble. Everyone else stand around. Junior Jazz offense.

You know the Jazz are near tops in the league in passes. We just don't have the best spacing, cutting, or particularly skilled passers on the team.

You know the Jazz are near tops in the league in passes. We just don't have the best spacing, cutting, or particularly skilled passers on the team.

We just do lots of passes where we can't move the defenses.

It is the offense. On ball screen, search dribble, on ball screen search dribble. Everyone else stand around.

Against OKC ,this is exactly what it looked like.They played pretty good ,but their was no cutting.It looked like they stayed out of each others way while they passed ,dribbled and searched ,then tryed to make something happen as the clock ticked out.When OKC went to the basket it was stop me if you can .I kept hoping someone on Utah would do the same .......Jazz play weak and I've heard it said that's their reputation.

Our offensive efficiency is actually above league average, and has been very good recently outside of the Spurs debacle (but then again, the Spurs currently hold the best defensive rating of the millennium.)

I think that's a credit to Quin, and as Cy touched on, a lot of the passing issues stem from poor passes by the players. That's the downside of not having a point guard.

Hood, Burke, and Hayward.... Put them together and what do you get?

I don't know, I'm seriously asking.

Our offensive efficiency is actually above league average, and has been very good recently outside of the Spurs debacle (but then again, the Spurs currently hold the best defensive rating of the millennium.)

I think that's a credit to Quin, and as Cy touched on, a lot of the passing issues stem from poor passes by the players. That's the downside of not having a point guard.

We are third in touches and near last in assists. We are in the middle turnover wise. We make a lot of useless passes in this offense. We do not have many cuts. Our efficiency is a credit to our roster. We have a good amount of talent. We make a lot of contested shots. The Spurs show what a good offense looks like. We ran the horns offense quite a bit last year with success. I have only seen it a handful of times this year, and we have scored almost every time. Our offensive sets are one of our biggest problems.

It is the offense. On ball screen, search dribble, on ball screen search dribble. Everyone else stand around.

Against OKC ,this is exactly what it looked like.They played pretty good ,but their was no cutting.It looked like they stayed out of each others way while they passed ,dribbled and searched ,then tryed to make something happen as the clock ticked out.When OKC went to the basket it was stop me if you can .I kept hoping someone on Utah would do the same .......Jazz play weak and I've heard it said that's their reputation.

Dear Favors Hood Hayward Burks please get some teammates that don't suck ballz Or, stop passing them the ball to make them feel included. Try doing some postups and PnR amongst yourselves and don't bother letting the chumps who can't score touch the ball k ?? thnx

It is the offense. On ball screen, search dribble, on ball screen search dribble. Everyone else stand around. Junior Jazz offense.

Yep, useless passes.

We are third in touches and near last in assists. We are in the middle turnover wise. We make a lot of useless passes in this offense. We do not have many cuts. Our efficiency is a credit to our roster. We have a good amount of talent. We make a lot of contested shots. The Spurs show what a good offense looks like. We ran the horns offense quite a bit last year with success. I have only seen it a handful of times this year, and we have scored almost every time. Our offensive sets are one of our biggest problems.

I'd rep each one of these if they'd let me.

I'd rep each one of these if they'd let me.

It is a sad state of affairs right now. Sloan's offense differentiated us from the rest of the league. As a basketball fan, it is what really made me a fan of the Jazz and "Jazz basketball". Many others have said our old offense was boring. I say those people do not understand basketball.

I respect different philosophies regarding offensive style and flow, but what Snyder has this team doing is nearly unwatchable. And I do not blame any of our roster for the sets Q tells them to run. It gives the defenders a chance to rest when 3/5 off our team stands around on offense. I hope this is not the future for this team.

I loved the 03 Jazz because we played team ball that was hard to stop, and our current roster is WAY better than that team. Honestly, does anyone on here that has a reasonable understanding of offensive sets enjoy what we are running? To me, it is just plain awful.

It is a sad state of affairs right now. Sloan's offense differentiated us from the rest of the league. As a basketball fan, it is what really made me a fan of the Jazz and "Jazz basketball". Many others have said our old offense was boring. I say those people do not understand basketball.

I respect different philosophies regarding offensive style and flow, but what Snyder has this team doing is nearly unwatchable. And I do not blame any of our roster for the sets Q tells them to run. It gives the defenders a chance to rest when 3/5 off our team stands around on offense. I hope this is not the future for this team.

I loved the 03 Jazz because we played team ball that was hard to stop, and our current roster is WAY better than that team. Honestly, does anyone on here that has a reasonable understanding of offensive sets enjoy what we are running? To me, it is just plain awful.

It is unwatchable. I get that he's trying to run a "modern" offense heavy in pnr-ISO(c), with players that don't necessarily excel in ISO, but how much break down, swing-swing-swing pnrnpnrnpnrnp can a team run?

We do get a **** ton of offensive glass (3rd in the league) and seem to get back on D against the poorer teams. The better teams crush us getting back. GSW and SAS scorched us hard.

I want to see offensive progression built into this bitch like all the great coaches had/have. There is zero progression with Quin's offense. It's all start a set and then immediately revert to swing pnrnpnrnp. No open threes, large on long two's, no Favors specialty post play.

It is unwatchable. I get that he's trying to run a "modern" offense heavy in pnr-ISO(c), with players that don't necessarily excel in ISO, but how much break down, swing-swing-swing pnrnpnrnpnrnp can a team run?

We do get a **** ton of offensive glass (3rd in the league) and seem to get back on D against the poorer teams. The better teams crush us getting back. GSW and SAS scorched us hard.

I want to see offensive progression built into this bitch like all the great coaches had/have. There is zero progression with Quin's offense. It's all start a set and then immediately revert to swing pnrnpnrnp. No open threes, large on long two's, no Favors specialty post play.

Running some backcourt screens and isos makes sense if it can exploit another teams defensive weaknesses, but a lot of teams are built with players to effectively switch on those screens making these sets largely ineffective.

We ran a lot of isos last year too, especially in crunch time, but we were actively running sets (albeit basic sets). I assumed that this was part of a new offense that would take time to develop. Seems like we have regressed this year. I've said it before, but if we added the old flex and UCLA to our arsenal we would be much better. Can you imagine burks being the wing slashing on the baseline with his ability to finish? Favors at the top of the key with his improved jumper this year? Hayward shooting threes and driving from the wing?

Honestly, I just have a hard time watching our offense, even when we are winning. I just hope we start developing something else with our offense. What we are doing is too predictable and plays into the hands of many teams built for "today's NBA". We used to run sets that would wear down our opponents. Teams hated playing us. Relax for a second and get burned. I know Stockton was a large part of that, but the sets themselves and the number of off ball screens and cuts made us difficult to play. We won 42 games in 03 running those plays with a squad that imo was probably half as talented as our current roster.

Running some backcourt screens and isos makes sense if it can exploit another teams defensive weaknesses, but a lot of teams are built with players to effectively switch on those screens making these sets largely ineffective.

We ran a lot of isos last year too, especially in crunch time, but we were actively running sets (albeit basic sets). I assumed that this was part of a new offense that would take time to develop. Seems like we have regressed this year. I've said it before, but if we added the old flex and UCLA to our arsenal we would be much better. Can you imagine burks being the wing slashing on the baseline with his ability to finish? Favors at the top of the key with his improved jumper this year? Hayward shooting threes and driving from the wing?

Honestly, I just have a hard time watching our offense, even when we are winning. I just hope we start developing something else with our offense. What we are doing is too predictable and plays into the hands of many teams built for "today's NBA". We used to run sets that would wear down our opponents. Teams hated playing us. Relax for a second and get burned. I know Stockton was a large part of that, but the sets themselves and the number of off ball screens and cuts made us difficult to play. We won 42 games in 03 running those plays with a squad that imo was probably half as talented as our current roster.

They already have the initiation of the Spurs' motion, but it's all for nothing. It either reverts into swing pnrnpnrnp or they'll use it to initiate horns. WTF would you waste time going motion into horns? It's supposed to create misdirection but it's not. They aren't getting anything from it but wasted shot clock and reset into swing pnr.

They need a read-react offense with set progressions and alternates.