What's new

FAVORS: I am ready to be the leader for this team

I respect that.. but I don't see it at all. I don't see it in Gordon either, but more so than Favors.

Burke will take the reigns in a hurry. That may sound silly to most of you, but it's the truth. Truth = my opinion.

I respect that.. but I don't see it at all. I don't see it in Gordon either, but more so than Favors.

Burke will take the reigns in a hurry. That may sound silly to most of you, but it's the truth. Truth = my opinion.

Agree 100%. If they were going to do it, they should have done it already. I think Burke will be the vocal leader of this team.

Well in Vegas with the "Select Team" he was being more vocal on defense, so while I agree with what we know about Burke and him being a PG will be more of a vocal leader he still will be a rookie and struggle. So for this season I could see Favors at least on the defensive end be more of a defensive vocal leader and him and Hayward as the season goes grow into the more leader by example and good/strong locker room presence leader guys to keep team on the right track, not saying rah rah hype but the strong quiet type that when they speak their words will carry more weight.

Agree 100%. If they were going to do it, they should have done it already. I think Burke will be the vocal leader of this team.

I agree as well however the jazz have pretty much deemed Hayward as the leader of the team, and last year he did get after Al for bad defense on several occasions last year. I see him taking the rains this year, but Burke should be the long term leader after next year, or if all goes better then expected for Burke, it could be by years end. I believe Hayward has it in him to be the leader, but it should be Burke.

Leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFBEUks6Wvs

What a great video..... Burks hustling to get an offensive rebound and then makes a nice pass to Hayward for an open three.
Kanter with an offensive rebound and then punks landry.
Favors aggressively defending his teammate.
Burks quick to get in there to defend favors.

I want to see all of these guys starting together.

I believe that Hayward and Favors will be the true leaders of the team. I'll just leave it at that.

I would like to see Favors start cracking the whip on D though. He has the instincts and desire to be a defensive stopper. Make them fall into line Favors.

What about leader by commitee? Burke, Hayward and Favors all on the same page keepign the rest focused and in line.

I agree as well however the jazz have pretty much deemed Hayward as the leader of the team, and last year he did get after Al for bad defense on several occasions last year. I see him taking the rains this year, but Burke should be the long term leader after next year, or if all goes better then expected for Burke, it could be by years end. I believe Hayward has it in him to be the leader, but it should be Burke.
Hayward is not an alpha. Burke is.

Ummmmmmm......................................never mind.
Your best post on the subject by far.

I believe that Hayward and Favors will be the true leaders of the team. I'll just leave it at that.
... and .. you ruined it.

I would like to see Favors start cracking the whip on D though. He has the instincts and desire to be a defensive stopper. Make them fall into line Favors.
This, for sure!

What about leader by commitee? Burke, Hayward and Favors all on the same page keepign the rest focused and in line.

If its by committee it means there's no true leader.. don't like it.

Goddamn you off season!!!

CartmanWuvWii.jpg

I can't take it anymore!!

Hayward is not an alpha. Burke is.

Your best post on the subject by far.

... and .. you ruined it.

This, for sure!

If its by committee it means there's no true leader.. don't like it.

Just saying Hayward is the leader till Burke earns it. Not a believer in just handing a leadership role to a player. A true leader earns that role in the eyes of his teamates. With that said someone needs to step up and earn that position this year. In my opinion it won't be Favors.

That's actually fair. He was a warrior and leader in college. He has that in his blood.
Favors hasn't shown much of it in his career so far, but he doesn't like to lose.

I think Favors will be one of the leaders of the team, but not THE leader.

So how many wins does having a bossy alpha male bring in? Seriously, this hampers a team's ability to win, not having a guy with an overinflated ego acting like the world revolves around him?

I don't see it.

So how many wins does having a bossy alpha male bring in? Seriously, this hampers a team's ability to win, not having a guy with an overinflated ego acting like the world revolves around him?

I don't see it.

That's a decent question and one I'm glad you asked.
I do think having that leader is important but not really too concerned about it.

That's a decent question and one I'm glad you asked.
I do think having that leader is important but not really too concerned about it.

Loading a player with leadership responsibilities who is not a actually a leader always leads to destruction.