What's new

Favors ... meh

Agreed on Favors, and also agreed that he's only 19. Hayward is 20.

Tonight (or maybe tomorrow after the league wraps up) I am going to write a piece on the 4 top ten picks in Orlando. Here's the short version: they're all pretty shaky. Is this just a summer league thing, or do they all suck? We'll see.

Its a summer league thing. These guys play 5 days in a row, usually receiving strange minutes in a free-for-all system that highlights out of control point guards. I think if you take the stats adjusted per 48 for most of these guys, they show potential. Speaking for the Jazz specifically I have been very impressed with what I have seen out of Hayward.

It does show who the quick adapters are. Hayward has shown good instincts and doesn't make silly mistakes too often. KOC was interviewed after the game and said that the one knock on him right now is that he lets the game come to him a little too much.

Keep in mind, that with Deron, his intelligence will be showcased even more by moving without the ball and making plays off the ball. Hayward's defense has been pretty solid as well.