What's new

Favors = No Evans?

D Will Texas

One of the most glaring weaknesses i'm seeing in Corbin's rotations, is his decision to eliminate Evans from our gameplan ever since we traded for Favors.

This doesnt make sense. I'd like to see both of these guys get on the court at the same time. Why not slide Evans to the 3 and roll with Favors and Jefferson versus teams that go big? Once we get a shooting guard that can "shoot", this might be an option.

I praying that Utah doesnt think Evans is disposable now that we traded for Favors. Letting him walk after this rookie year could end up hurting us just like Matthews.

MY 2012 JAZZ LINEUP

D.Harris, J.Fridette (14th overall)

H.Barnes (5th overall), G.Hayward, R.Bell

A.Kirilenko (resigned), J.Evans

P.Millsap, D. Favors

A. Jefferson, K.Fesenko (resigned)

(let Watson, Price, Miles, and Elson all hit the road)

One of the most glaring weaknesses i'm seeing in Corbin's rotations, is his decision to eliminate Evans from our gameplan ever since we traded for Favors.

This doesnt make sense. I'd like to see both of these guys get on the court at the same time. Why not slide Evans to the 3 and roll with Favors and Jefferson versus teams that go big? Once we get a shooting guard that can "shoot", this might be an option.

I praying that Utah doesnt think Evans is disposable now that we traded for Favors. Letting him walk after this rookie year could end up hurting us just like Matthews.

MY 2012 JAZZ LINEUP

D.Harris, J.Fridette (14th overall)

H.Barnes (5th overall), G.Hayward, R.Bell

A.Kirilenko (resigned), J.Evans

P.Millsap, D. Favors

A. Jefferson, K.Fesenko (resigned)

(let Watson, Price, Miles, and Elson all hit the road)

Though I like the addition of Barnes or T. Jones at SF, I don't think either can defend the 2. I'd keep Watson as the backup PG. He's a decent facilitator, and whoever the Jazz bring in would be too raw to trust with major backup minutes - or emergency starts if Harris misses games (he's not very durable).

I'd definitely say goodbye to Price and Elson. I'd use the #14 pick, Miles and/or the GS pick to trade for a veteran "making" guard.

Have to mostly agree, although Watson is a solid if unspectacular veteran at backup PG, so if the $$ are right, I'd re-sign him.
I'd like to see Evans get his minutes from CJ at SF myself. Keep Hayward at SG behind Bell, and increase Hayward's minutes. And Favors can back up both PF and C. I'd like to see Favors' minutes climb, and Millsaps' decline, as Millsap wears down at times from too many minutes. Something like:
Jefferson - 36 minutes
Millsap --- 32 minutes
Favors --- 28 minutes

Kirilenko - 28 minutes
Miles ----- 12 minutes
Evans ---- 8 minutes

If Favors looks like he's 'getting it' really well, I'd give him even more minutes and give Millsap some *brief* minutes at SF...

I don't think they've given up on Evans. I'm betting they have the guy on a pretty serious weights program. He really needs at least 15 pounds and a 15 foot jump shot before he sees serious time.

You don't draft a bench player with a lottery pick. And you know he's a bench player. Down with Fridette.

Favors needs to be starting next year. I would trade milsap for a back up big and a sg.

Back-ups for a 17 and 8 starting PF in his prime? I don't think so. If Favors develops certainly keeping him and AJ up front makes most sense, just because of the size, but if we are trading Millsap, we'd better get a similar quality SG in return. Or better yet, maybe some combination of Paul, GSW pick, and Okur's expiring contract can get us a star player in return. If not though, I'd rather keep Millsap on the bench as a 6th man and continue 3 men rotation up-front.

Back-ups for a 17 and 8 starting PF in his prime? I don't think so. If Favors develops certainly keeping him and AJ up front makes most sense, just because of the size, but if we are trading Millsap, we'd better get a similar quality SG in return. Or better yet, maybe some combination of Paul, GSW pick, and Okur's expiring contract can get us a star player in return. If not though, I'd rather keep Millsap on the bench as a 6th man and continue 3 men rotation up-front.

reppp'd.
But, c'mon, take it the next step. Who do you go after in this trade that you've proposed? thx.

Though I like the addition of Barnes or T. Jones at SF, I don't think either can defend the 2. I'd keep Watson as the backup PG. He's a decent facilitator, and whoever the Jazz bring in would be too raw to trust with major backup minutes - or emergency starts if Harris misses games (he's not very durable).

I'd definitely say goodbye to Price and Elson. I'd use the #14 pick, Miles and/or the GS pick to trade for a veteran "making" guard.

Exactly.