What's new

Favors on the trading block????

Yeah I refuse to believe that the Jazz are putting Favors out there on the market. I'm sure the Jazz have been offered packages to give up Favors and maybe that's where any rumors would come from? I just think there's no way we'd put Favors out there unless we were getting a quality young big with great upside which honestly the only one I'd deal Favors for would be Dwight.

they gotta write something there. these "rumors" stories would be awfully boring if they were blank.

maybe instead of "rumors" though, these types of articles should be called "fun **** i made up"

I'm all for trading Favors for a proven point guard, like Nash. That way, we can have another veteran to keep the young players' spirits up when they miss the playoffs.

I could see the Jazz offering him as part of a Rondo deal. Something like Harris + Favors for Rondo.

Maybe the rumour started with Bill Simmons NBA Trade Value article published today:
https://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7664492/nba-trade-value-part-1

Bill Mentions Al Jefferson (funny take on Al’s passing) as tradable but just outside his top 50.

Milsap is Listed as the 43rd most tradable player citing his low contract number and favorable per ranking.

Favours is listed as the 47th most tradable and Evan Turner as the 46th.
Bill explains it thus:
Let's see … Philly needs to get bigger … Utah needs to get better on the perimeter … both teams have talented no. 2 overall picks who aren't playing enough … both teams are a little too attached to those guys … the Trade Machine approves … (can't we just call this one in????)

Harris and Favors for Rondo?

But, why a small forward? They have Howard, Hayward, and Miles. I could see a shooting guard instead of Bell.

Harris and Favors for Rondo?

But, why a small forward? They have Howard, Hayward, and Miles. I could see a shooting guard instead of Bell.

That is the only package that makes sense to me. I would be against it, but it wouldn't be terrible. If we gave up one of our picks though, I would be upset.

There is no way this is credible... It would make no sense for the jazz to give up on him already and trade away a player like Favors who is still in his rookie contract. Bigs like him have too much value. The jazz ought to know that by now.

Im also a philly fan, and on their forums they were saying that they should have taken Favors instead of Turner. I love Turner, but Favors has an excessive amount of upside compared to Evan. Talented bigs are also way more difficult to come by compared to wing players...

It would be absurd and asinine to trade Favors unless it was an absolute blockbuster steal for us. Had we played Favors starter's minutes for even a single season, we would be able to assess what exactly we have with him. Over the last 3, he's averaging like 26, 12, 1.5blcks, 3.5 stls/36 with only 17 mins/game. He also seems relatively happy to be here, which we might not be able to say about someone who is traded here.