What's new

Favors returns!

So what does Favors do extraordinarily better than Davis? Let us see here....

Rebounds - surely not, Davis averages 11.4 boards per36 for his career. Exceptional rebounder.
Blocks - nope about the same rate.
Passing - nope same assist rate.
Mid range shooting 10-16' - nope Davis was 44% to Favors 40% surprise, surprise, surprise. He could make up most of Favors points advantage if he got more shots.
Favors has a higher PER, but Davis has a higher RPM (1.03 to .53).

I'll give Favors the edge on overall team defense, but Davis is not a slouch.
So ya, it was an overpay, there is no freakin way Favors is over 4x better than Ed Davis. There is no stat to remotely prove it.

Watch the damn games son. Favors is an elite PNR big

Dwight Howard just signed for the MLE :(

Dwight Howard can't play PF to save his life, can't hit a shot outside of 3 feet, and hit those inside 3 feet at a lower clip than Derrick. He's also older, hasn't spent the last 8 years playing in Utah, and has a history of being a diva.

fivethirtyeight projects Favors slightly better than a replacement player the next 2 years. Enjoy the money Faves. Christmas in July for you.

538.jpg

I watch every game Mdiva. So between you cherry picking a couple games looks like I squashed your argument.

You didn't do anything except look at box score numbers bud. Like I said, watch the games. (And I'm not talking about Jazz games, Mr. Jazz4ever)