What's new

Game Thread Feb 11, 2023 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Knicks

Added to Calendar: 02-11-23

Knicks have more talent and firepower than Toronto. Lauri struggling to score. Just down by 6 on a B2B. Looks like anybody's game

View attachment 13863

It’s a bad shot. You literally don’t have to be a contrarian about everything. That’s a dunk for Lauri there with 33 seconds on the clock still.
How often do you see Clarkson make this pass? He's not a very accurate passer in transition. That's a one handed left handed pass with a small window. He took the shot he's good at and we executed a 2 for 1...

How often do you see Clarkson make this pass? He's not a very accurate passer in transition. That's a one handed left handed pass with a small window. He took the shot he's good at and we executed a 2 for 1...

I don’t see Clarkson pass very often that’s the problem. So because you think he’s not capable of making an alley-oop pass that negates the fact that it was a bad shot. Sounds good.

I don’t know what you’re watching but he’s battling his *** off against Brunson (who’s scoring on everyone).

Battling means nothing. One of the main reasons Sexton has struggled on defense throughout his career is because he's way too aggressive and easily gets blown by. Defense isn't about being intense or super close to the ball handler. It's about stopping the other team scoring and he's getting eaten alive right now.

Lauri has had some great looks tonight and almost all of his missed threes rimmed out. We are only down 6. If he can get going a little we can win.

Battling means nothing. One of the main reasons Sexton has struggled on defense throughout his career is because he's way too aggressive and easily gets blown by. Defense isn't about being intense or super close to the ball handler. It's about stopping the other team scoring and he's getting eaten alive right now.

Again, nobody has stopped Brunson tonight. Sexton has forced him into some tough shots on multiple possessions.

Brunson has made eight shots tonight. I guarantee more than half of those were on somebody besides Sexton.

Again, nobody has stopped Brunson tonight. Sexton has forced him into some tough shots on multiple possessions.

Sexton has been especially bad, and not just on Brunson. If you noticed, I never even mentioned Brunson. Basketball is a 5v5 game and he is not having a good game on either end.

Sexton has been especially bad, and not just on Brunson. If you noticed, I never even mentioned Brunson. Basketball is a 5v5 game and he is not having a good game on either end.

10 points on 50% shooting and 4 assists is not having a good game now? Y’all really just say **** to say ****.

Eh, 4-8 shooting and 10 points and 5 assists is good offense.

On pace for about 20 points and 10 assists.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

10 points on 50% shooting and 4 assists is not having a good game now? Y’all really just say **** to say ****.

This is the point I'm making. Like, do you actually read the post? The numbers on Sexton look fine....he clearly has not been playing well. You can't just look at a box score, especially with Sexton.

Eh, 4-8 shooting and 10 points and 5 assists is good offense.

On pace for about 20 points and 10 assists.

The original point that was he has fine numbers, but has not played well. Can't just look at a box score to say who has done good or bad. Even if you did, he's getting annihilated by his counterparts.

This is the point I'm making. Like, do you actually read the post? The numbers on Sexton look fine....he clearly has not been playing well. You can't just look at a box score, especially with Sexton.

Please explain how he didn’t have a good half on offense.

The original point that was he has fine numbers, but has not played well. Can't just look at a box score to say who has done good or bad. Even if you did, he's getting annihilated by his counterparts.

Ah, you just dont like the fact that we are winning. I get it

Please explain how he didn’t have a good half on offense.

He made several mistakes, including a pick 6 pass and a turnover that led to a technical. Literally creating offense for the other team. He also was slow to make decisions and held the ball a lot, especially in the second quarter. The offense was really struggling and he was the main reason it was being bogged down.

Lauri and JC are a combined 10/30 and we somehow have the lead. Defense has been pretty good.