What's new

Game Thread Feb 14, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 02-14-24

If Walker improves a modest amount offensively he's really an incredible player, but that modest improvement seems distant unless hes surrounded by elite talent.

If Walker improves a modest amount offensively he's really an incredible player, but that modest improvement seems distant unless hes surrounded by elite talent.

Walker needs to grow a bit of a snarl as a man to be an excellent NBA big. He's the pleasant whyte boi on the court that intimidates no one.

No kiddie tours this Summer. Have him work with a martial arts trainer who bloodies his nose a couple times and pisses him off. He needs an edge or he'll remain a career backup Big.

Lmao every time they talk about Brice is how Hardy wants him to do stuff other than shoot and he proceeds to take a terrible 3

I guess Simone and Olynyk were more important than I thought. On the flip side if those two were that important we’re not nearly as good as we thought.

Holly just keeps yapping about the overturned call momentum change, when in fact, it's more about we just don't have anyone in the bench squad to calm down offense like KO, and we sold our best glue guy in Tech for peanuts. This is how it's going to be.

That said, Lakers shot 57/46 off the field, Jazz shot 48/33. Mix up with some friendlier whistle to Lakers, beating us in fta's by 14 attempts more, there you go

We had eight fga's more than them. If we made closer to average shooting splits, the game still was very winnable. But no one got really hot

The bad: the stacked Lakers were en fuego tonight.
The good: Purple Haze Tay Henny showed up, and balled out in short minutes!
Gotta look for small victories right now I guess.

Why not have the starters next game be Yurt7, Brice, Tay Henny, Luka and Lewis? Let Hardy figure it out the rest of the way. At least the scrubs didn't dog it. Unacceptable 2nd half.

Can't even get excited for the off-season cause I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish. I hope they get Lauri to a contender in a draft deal. He's not going to get there with this organization.

Teams were already beating the hell out of him. Now with reduced spacing that will just get worse. I'd expect to see his attitude toward this franchise change in time for a 2024 trade. OKC really would be the ideal fit for him - and their offerings perfect for us.

Reactions: vps
I guess Simone and Olynyk were more important than I thought. On the flip side if those two were that important we’re not nearly as good as we thought.
It's more than that though..

Olynyk was their only passing big man and best passer off the bench.

Simone and to a lesser extent Agbaji were their only wings/SF's.

Their lineups just don't work anymore.

I think I'm mostly annoyed that we did this year's trade (and last year's trade) right at the trade deadline instead of before or right around the beginning of each season.