What's new

Game Thread Feb 25, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Spurs

Added to Calendar: 02-25-24

It would be a huge bummer if we weren't able to re-sign Dunn
Jazz clearly going to keep him. There was no effort made to swap him out for any value at the deadline. I guarantee calls were made about his availability.

Probably won't get him at the league minimum anymore though.

No Holly either. Congrats ya'll the responses actually did something.
She was probably working a game for ESPN because, you know, she is nationally recognized and good enough for the national stage but somehow not good enough for you assclowns.

The Holly hate does not help our statewide reputation for not appreciating women.

Most of the Holly critique I have seen, has nothing to do about her gender. Making things gender issues that are not about gender, is not going to help in the gender equality process. But I see the problem, how some uneducated people might read into it being gender related issue, and that good PR or bad PR stuff doesn't necessary follow any logic.

Most of the Holly critique I have seen, has nothing to do about her gender. Making things gender issues that are not about gender, is not going to help in the gender equality process. But I see the problem, how some uneducated people might read into it being gender related issue, and that good PR or bad PR stuff doesn't necessary follow any logic.
It is 100% a gender issue. It’s funny how some uneducated people might not recognize it being a gender issue.

Benching Whemby in the 4th quarter is a tank move
Pop isn't playing him the full 12 in a 20pt loss. And he's seen his team lose 47 so far and knows that they're not coming back from 15 down with 3-4 mins left.

Hendricks D impressive. JC was great! 13 steals for the team, double the season average. Lauri had his 3pt stroke back as well.

Driving to the basket just to get your shot blocked by Wemby apparently something everyone has to learn themselves... I can understand Lauri trying to dunk it on him, the guards trying layups not so much.

First I was like "hey, nice to see Juzang play after a long while" and then Boler threw out his first "Jujang" and I remembered.

*end summary*

Also few points about Wemby I guess:
  • If he ever develops a good touch with his hooks around the rim its gonna be a massive problem. Right now he isnt really hitting them that well.
  • Ditto for his jump shots.
  • He is already a massive problem as a rim protector. Both Keyonte and Sexton sort of emphasized that by going almost directly at him which was weird. His reach is so ridiculous that those barely over 6" guys really shouldnt drive at him no matter what kind of circus layup arsenal they got.
  • Its nice to be able to dunk from 6 feet out without jumping towards the basket.
For some critique:
  • I'm not sure if he ever will be a guy who can dribble inside with his back towards the basket without turning the ball over extensively. When he gets low there to protect his dribble he extends pretty far out and help defenders can easily ballhawk and attack that dribble like we did in this game. Its just too high % of those lead to turnovers if the spacing isnt perfect and he isnt properly isolated. On the perimeter its fine, as he can protect the ball from the guy who is guarding him.
  • His FG% still looks like its largely carried by him flushing so much stuff down. He isnt really hitting jump shots or touch shots that well. The hex map also sort of proves that. He is below mediocre or just bad from anywhere outside the paint.

1708932863029.png