What's new

Game Thread Feb 27, 2024 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Hawks

Added to Calendar: 02-27-24

You're being an idiot if you don't think Simone/KO isn't a drastic change and cause for a lot of extra losses.

The Jazz definitely win last night with them if they play their average games.
I never said trading Simone and KO didn't make us worse. What I did say was that prior to trading them we still had these types of losses. Also we don't win that game if the jazz play their average road game which is very different then their average home game.

Whenever you use 1 game as an argument you have no ground to stand on.

Sexton sure has had an impact but it was more about having 2 functional units that had built chemistry and both of which could win or compete in their minutes.

Post Simone trade we have been way worse than the Pistons who were near historically bad up to that point. And that is with us playing 5 at home and 2 on the road, against bubble teams (Lakers, GSW, Hawks), Suns and 2 bad teams (1 of which we lost to, at home).

With Simone, Pistons have the same record as we do (1-6) with superior net rating (-6.4 vs our -9.7) but they have played: @Clippers, @Pacers, @Suns, @Lakers, @Knicks, @Bulls and their only home game was against the Magic.
You can't be that stupid. I was just picking a random game. The point is that we had those same terrible games pre trade deadline so to act like we would have been guaranteed to win with KO and Simone is stupid. We were a terrible road team pre deadline and obviously a worse road team now.

You can't be that stupid. I was just picking a random game. The point is that we had those same terrible games pre trade deadline so to act like we would have been guaranteed to win with KO and Simone is stupid. We were a terrible road team pre deadline and obviously a worse road team now.
Who has said anything about guaranteed wins? There are no guaranteed wins in the NBA, and I don't think anyone here has ever believe any Jazz team in the 23/24 season has had a single "guaranteed" win on the road.

I never said trading Simone and KO didn't make us worse. What I did say was that prior to trading them we still had these types of losses. Also we don't win that game if the jazz play their average road game which is very different then their average home game.
The Jazz were/are a bad road team, but they would have beat Atlanta without Trae Young with their best roster.

Who has said anything about guaranteed wins? There are no guaranteed wins in the NBA, and I don't think anyone here has ever believe any Jazz team in the 23/24 season has had a single "guaranteed" win on the road.
There are a bunch of people saying that we would have won that game pre deadline and acting like these butt whooping's didn't happen pre deadline as well.

Who said guaranteed to win? I didnt. If someone did, thats foolish. But equally foolish was you saying: "There is no reason to believe that we would have beaten the hawks with Simone and Olynyk."

No reason? Having better players isnt a reason? Having a functioning starting 5 with one of league-best 2nd units with working rotations and chemistry across the board isnt a reason?

Between mid-December and the deadline the Jazz were 8-7 on the road.

Wins: Blazers, Pistons, Raptors, Spurs, 76ers, Bucks, Wizards, Hornets
Losses: Kings, Cavs, Pelicans (twice), Celtics, Rockets, Nets, Knicks

Losses are mainly to playoff teams. Even comfortable wins against the bottom dwellers.

Had the team not been weakened at the deadline, the Jazz would've probably beat the Young-less Hawks. No guarantees, obviously. But also, no, the Jazz weren't crap on the road and routinely butt whooped.