What's new

Game Thread Feb 27, 2024 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Hawks

Added to Calendar: 02-27-24

Ainge has to be proud of this tank effort. The Jazz got outscored bigly all four quarters and didn't even have to play Kira, Yurt7 or Luka. JLIII would have proud of us tonight. Things were a little shaky at the half but Tanky McHardy got the job done with his brilliant coaching and subbing.

Bad shooting night and down twenty, was wise to sit out Lauri. Maybe some starters are interested, and racking stats for their trade value makes more sense. No point for any risks to play Lauri in a game that already was practically list

Some of you are comical. You do realize that we were getting blown out like this on the road before trading Simone, KO and Ochai don't you? Some of you had a seriously false impression of how close we were to competing.

I just turned on the second half as I got some work done in my garage and from the amount that I watched, that was one of the worst Jazz games I have ever seen. Nobody was even attempting to play defense and on offense it was all about players getting their own shots, nothing more. On that note, I also just feel there is something off with these guys. It just kind of seems like everyone is just playing for themselves and really don't care about the team.

Some of you are comical. You do realize that we were getting blown out like this on the road before trading Simone, KO and Ochai don't you? Some of you had a seriously false impression of how close we were to competing.
Of course we could've lost without the trade, but I don't think we would've.

Of course we could've lost without the trade, but I don't think we would've.
There is no reason to believe that we would have. We were a terrible road team before the trade deadline. Pretty much all our road wins are against the worst teams in the league or we got lucky and caught a team missing one of the best players.

There is no reason to believe that we would have. We were a terrible road team before the trade deadline. Pretty much all our road wins are against the worst teams in the league or we got lucky and caught a team missing one of the best players.
Which we did now. This Atlanta team without Trae is not a great team.

Pre deadline we got crushed by the knicks missing OG and Randle. There is no reason to believe that we would have beaten the hawks with Simone and Olynyk. This was a mediocre jazz team pre deadline that got hot for a month when Sexton went nuclear. As he cooled off we cooled off.

Pre deadline we got crushed by the knicks missing OG and Randle. There is no reason to believe that we would have beaten the hawks with Simone and Olynyk. This was a mediocre jazz team pre deadline that got hot for a month when Sexton went nuclear. As he cooled off we cooled off.
We certainly never were good on the road, but I still think we would've won this game.

It just kind of seems like everyone is just playing for themselves and really don't care about the team.
Well, no ****. Any wonder when the FO has shouted from the mountaintops that everyone needs to concentrate on "individual development" only for the rest of the season.

Sometimes I wonder do lot of posters understand at all about what is team basketball, what different kind of changes through trades make to rotations, and what psychological effects the whole Danny Ainge circus might cause to a rebuilding team, that was just finding their roles. Aside the horrible B2B in New York, after a week on the road, there was Jazz team, admittedly middling and probable first round exit at best, but where rotations and roles were falling in place.

Now, it's another run of "making my mark" and finding where they belong - with the growing understanding about trader Dan, and how nothing will be guaranteed so maximizing your own raw stats is the best way. Of course it's going to be a lot of messy games. Like this ******** with awful effort and lot of that bc the lack of correct team basketball, what was the hard core of Hardy's.

You're being an idiot if you don't think Simone/KO isn't a drastic change and cause for a lot of extra losses.

The Jazz definitely win last night with them if they play their average games.

They aren't great with or without him. They are one of the worst defenses in NBA history.the Jazz are playing very uninspired due to the trade.

Reactions: hgb
Whenever you use 1 game as an argument you have no ground to stand on.

Sexton sure has had an impact but it was more about having 2 functional units that had built chemistry and both of which could win or compete in their minutes.

Post Simone trade we have been way worse than the Pistons who were near historically bad up to that point. And that is with us playing 5 at home and 2 on the road, against bubble teams (Lakers, GSW, Hawks), Suns and 2 bad teams (1 of which we lost to, at home).

With Simone, Pistons have the same record as we do (1-6) with superior net rating (-6.4 vs our -9.7) but they have played: @Clippers, @Pacers, @Suns, @Lakers, @Knicks, @Bulls and their only home game was against the Magic.