What's new

Feeling Better About This Team

They were losing the lead in the third quarter. Sloan said you only have to lose a lead one time to learn your lesson for life.

Yeah and that lesson should be not to coast and let the foot off the gas. Not to play starters 40 minutes a night because there’s a remote chance **** happens.

If this team isn't meant to touch a Finals, so be it. It's not easy for a small market team to win the whole thing.

What I won't stand for is getting nothing out of our assets. If Donovan wants out, send him on his way for an expensive return. Rudy not the answer? Fine, but I want a boatload of future picks.

If you want the next generational star, my money is on Victor Wembanyama in the 2023 draft. He may just be unguardable in iso.

Lol at teams giving us a boatload of pics for Rudy. At 41 million a year.

Me for like 2 years "Jazz need an *******" . This isn't about Jae specifically... but I'm guessing we had some opportunities to land dudes like Pat Bev... we need toughness and an *******.

Tony Jones today:

What was different on that Jazz team? They had Jae Crowder, who basically challenged that entire Oklahoma City team to a fight during that series. Crowder wouldn’t allow the Jazz to be punked. And because of that, the series stayed within the realm of schematics, which meant the Jazz won handily.

This Jazz team needs a Jae Crowder. It’s plain as day. It needs a dude that gives other teams pause before engaging in shenanigans. Because right now? Most teams know that they can bump and grind with Utah and throw elbows and talk trash without fear of retribution.

“We have to figure out a way to turn our intensity up, when other teams raise their intensity,” Jazz small forward Royce O’Neale said.

When teams go smaller, the Jazz have to get tougher. When teams throw elbows, the Jazz have to figure out a way to answer. When teams give the Jazz haymakers, the Jazz have to figure out a way to settle things down, take the game above street level and get it back to a level where scheme matters.

Of the teams in the first four spots of the Western Conference, the Jazz are the only one without a guy that nobody wants to deal with physically. Crowder has moved on to the Phoenix Suns, and he and Chris Paul are two of the biggest irritants in the league. Draymond Green drives the Golden State Warriors, so you never see other teams picking on Stephen Curry. The Memphis Grizzlies are full of trash-talkers. Desmond Bane. Ja Morant. Dillon Brooks. And if that fails, you won’t find a single dude in the league who wants to deal with Steven Adams.

The Jazz, they simply don’t have anyone in that vein.

And it shows.

Eric Paschall is close. He's got the physical profile. I wish the Jazz were developing him more as a point-forward instead of always deferring to Conley.

Jazz should've gone all in on a true 3rd round superstar the offseason we traded for Conley / signed Bogey. They should've traded multiple firsts, etc. instead of half-assing it.

Jazz should've gone all in on a true 3rd round superstar the offseason we traded for Conley / signed Bogey. They should've traded multiple firsts, etc. instead of half-assing it.
or just hold a season then go for CP3 in 2020. Like the Suns literally traded Bricky Ricky for him. Had we kept Ricky for ourselves it'd be us getting CP3. And in that same window Bucks got Jrue as well. Both would've been way better options than Conley.

Rudy and DM were only 27 and 23 in 2019 respectively. Literally no reason to go all in during 2019 offseason.

It will take some time for NAW to maybe get some run, but we didn't get better at the deadline.

And for God's sake, stop playing Royce at 31+ minutes a night. Give House some of those minutes.

Where's the "not" option in the poll?

I think the rest of this season is mostly about letting Quin and the current roster fail so that Smith, Wade, and Ainge can justify recreating this team around Donovan in their own image.

Really think Quin and Rudy could both be gone in the offseason if we flame out in the first round. I think Conley and Bojan are certainly both gone if that happens. Smith is not paying repeater tax for this roster.

Rudy, Mike, and Quin were bad. The eye test was telling you they were just not good, but the plus minus validates it. Rudy (-27), Mike (-25), next person was Paschall at -6 in only a 5 pt loss. Those two are usually the leading +- so I suppose at least it should be safe to say that never happens again?

I think the rest of this season is mostly about letting Quin and the current roster fail so that Smith, Wade, and Ainge can justify recreating this team around Donovan in their own image.

Really think Quin and Rudy could both be gone in the offseason if we flame out in the first round. I think Conley and Bojan are certainly both gone if that happens. Smith is not paying repeater tax for this roster.

I still don't think trading Rudy is the answer, and I honestly don't think there would be much interest from other teams...he's going to be making $44 million at age 32 and close to $47 million when he's 33. I just don't think we would get anywhere close to equal value back if we traded him.

or just hold a season then go for CP3 in 2020. Like the Suns literally traded Bricky Ricky for him. Had we kept Ricky for ourselves it'd be us getting CP3. And in that same window Bucks got Jrue as well. Both would've been way better options than Conley.

Rudy and DM were only 27 and 23 in 2019 respectively. Literally no reason to go all in during 2019 offseason.
We had other options for sure.

The biggest mistake was not trading for Jerami Grant instead. He was traded for a 1st on July 8th. We did the Conley trade a month earlier on June 19.

Looking back, we could have...
- traded Favors to New Orleans for a 2nd to clear cap space like we did
- signed Bojan like we did
- re-signed Rubio
- and traded for Grant.

And our team would have been cheaper than the team we ended up with.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

We had other options for sure.

The biggest mistake was not trading for Jerami Grant instead. He was traded for a 1st on July 8th. We did the Conley trade a month earlier on June 19.

Looking back, we could have...
- traded Favors to New Orleans for a 2nd to clear cap space like we did
- signed Bojan like we did
- re-signed Rubio
- and traded for Grant.

And our team would have been cheaper than the team we ended up with.

Here it goes…. Weeeeeeee!

I still don't think trading Rudy is the answer, and I honestly don't think there would be much interest from other teams...he's going to be making $44 million at age 32 and close to $47 million when he's 33. I just don't think we would get anywhere close to equal value back if we traded him.
Oh I think we’d do well. One of the biggest suitors would have been Sacramento imo so they’d be out now. We wouldn’t get equal current value though.

Oh I think we’d do well. One of the biggest suitors would have been Sacramento imo so they’d be out now. We wouldn’t get equal current value though.
I think the most likely suitor for Rudy would be Atlanta. Been saying that for a while now. Rudy fits what they want to do so much better than Capella. Collins won't replace Rudy by any means, but he's a valuable piece. If we could get Huerter too, that's a proper rebuild.