What's new

Feelings on Brandon Knight?

PrinceJL

Now that Calderon (albeit FA) is traded to DET, does that make Brandon Knight available? His shooting is horrendous but he would be a better ball-handler than Burks/Foye.
That said, would you trade Burks/1st for Knight?

This trade would allow us
- evaluate if he's a starting PG
- if not a starting PG, Foye's replacement (3rd guard)
- keeps Paul/Al, while upgrading our guards & still compete
- options for summer S&T (picks, player, or TPE)
- stay young for the future

What's your take on Knight?

He's not available. Not unless you want to throw in one of The Four (which is a non-starter as Knight hasn't been very good).

Haha.

Look at Detroit bringing in a vet to stunt the growth of the young guys.

You think their fans are mad?

I'm not sure about Brandon Knight. Just go read Piston forums and you will get a good idea how they feel about him.

Report back to me in 1 hour.

I though he is a bust but after looking at his stats it seems like he is just meh.

He was a one and done and in his 2nd season after the 1st being a shortened one.

Amazing how we can be so "DON'T TRADE BURKS he's AWESOME!!!" but players of other teams suck early when putting up better numbers than our own starting, veteran, PG's.

Haha.

Look at Detroit bringing in a vet to stunt the growth of the young guys.

You think their fans are mad?

I'm not sure about Brandon Knight. Just go read Piston forums and you will get a good idea how they feel about him.

Report back to me in 1 hour.

One hour from when you posted this or one hour from when I read it?

You don't trade rookie-contract players unless:
-They suck.
-The team sending out a RC player gets another one back.
-The team sending out a RC is getting a star in return.
-An extension is coming up and you know that the market will push their price-tag higher than you're willing to pay (Brewer [one of the best and most underrated moves this organization has ever made]).

This is basically gospel. Bad organizations (heretics) are more prone to not adhere, but I don't think the Pistons are one of them.

Look at what Kyrie Irving is doing and before that, Bobby Hurley.

I'd go after Knight if for no other reason than Kyrzyzewski's track record with point guards is pretty flawless.

Look at what Kyrie Irving is doing and before that, Bobby Hurley.

I'd go after Knight if for no other reason than Kyrzyzewski's track record with point guards is pretty flawless.

Take your dancing banana back to your private forum and derail your own topics. Loser.

He was a one and done and in his 2nd season after the 1st being a shortened one.

Amazing how we can be so "DON'T TRADE BURKS he's AWESOME!!!" but players of other teams suck early when putting up better numbers than our own starting, veteran, PG's.

I hate Burks!

You don't trade rookie-contract players unless:
-They suck.
-The team sending out a RC player gets another one back.
-The team sending out a RC is getting a star in return.
-An extension is coming up and you know that the market will push their price-tag higher than you're willing to pay (Brewer [one of the best and most underrated moves this organization has ever made]).

This is basically gospel. Bad organizations (heretics) are more prone to not adhere, but I don't think the Pistons are one of them.
I think Burks/Knight applies to all of your stipulations.

Joe Dumars signed Villuenava & Gordon to those sick contracts when he had all that cap room...

This.

Anyone that wouldn't want him is nuts, but I don't see it ..

No way I'd trade Burks and a 1st for him. He can't shoot. He can't even come close to truly running the point. He can't blow by guys at will and finish. No, no, no, no no.

I would consider a burks for knight switch even throw in a lottery protected pick. I am not a huge knight fan, more into paladins (hehehe), but he is better than what we have.

No way I'd trade Burks and a 1st for him. He can't shoot. He can't even come close to truly running the point. He can't blow by guys at will and finish. No, no, no, no no.

I never said Burks and a first .. either or..

Yes, he can shoot (we can agree to disagree). He absolutely can run the point (we can agree to disagree). I agree he doesn't have blow by .. which I don't like.

I never said Burks and a first .. either or..

Yes, he can shoot (we can agree to disagree). He absolutely can run the point (we can agree to disagree). I agree he doesn't have blow by .. which I don't like.

41% and 4.3 assists per game in 32 minutes. No thanks. Just get Burke.