What's new

Fesenko: The "go to guy"

The problem with Fesenko is the same problem with Ostertag. Neither has a great love for the game so it's hard to keep them motivated every night and focused on improving their game.
Ostertag would have that one great game where he would be rebounding, blocking shots, finishing at the rim and getting everyone excited - then you wouldn't see it again for another 3 weeks.

It's in a fans' human nature where, the less you see of a player - the better you like to think he is.

Fesenko is rahter a go to bench guy. I dont know about his work ethic, but he is really not talented at all. I dont see any positive sides he brings to the game, except his big body which is a God gift, not something he worked and improved.
Lets stop having hopes about Feesenko plz.
And ukraine wont be participating in European basketball champonship. Even if they could, they wouldnt win any game at all. Becuz this year, all the nba stars are gonna play in the tournament, and its gonna be really tough tournament.
Only 2 of the following teams will make to the semi finals due to the schedule,
Spain, Turkey, Slovakia, Russia, Germany, Lithuania, Polonia, Serbia
and 2 other teams from the other seed.

and Ukraine under the lead of Fesenko wouldnt get 20 points close to any of these teams.

(P.S. I know its not interesting as nba, but i intensely recommend people to watch this years euro champ, it will be hell of a competition to attend olimpics)

Fesenko is rahter a go to bench guy. I dont know about his work ethic, but he is really not talented at all. I dont see any positive sides he brings to the game, except his big body which is a God gift, not something he worked and improved.
Lets stop having hopes about Feesenko plz.
And ukraine wont be participating in European basketball champonship. Even if they could, they wouldnt win any game at all. Becuz this year, all the nba stars are gonna play in the tournament, and its gonna be really tough tournament.
Only 2 of the following teams will make to the semi finals due to the schedule,
Spain, Turkey, Slovakia, Russia, Germany, Lithuania, Polonia, Serbia
and 2 other teams from the other seed.

and Ukraine under the lead of Fesenko wouldnt get 20 points close to any of these teams.

(P.S. I know its not interesting as nba, but i intensely recommend people to watch this years euro champ, it will be hell of a competition to attend olimpics)

So you're saying Germany and Spain will be meeting in the semi-finals?

I agree. Why have an offensive or defensive system? The PG should just tell the guys to try to get open and he'll pass them the ball. Better yet, he should just put up the first shot he can and tell everyone to crash the boards. On defense, coaches just need to tell the players to stay in front of their man and not get beat.

Coaching and team offense/defense is SO overrated. You could put in any coach, give him three of the best players in the league and a championship is guaranteed. Oh wait...

So, how did our defensive "system" work? Especially the middle D? It was wonderful correct? And how did we do starting games with Sap and Big Al? That was wonderful too right?

Sure you have to have "systems" but when the system rules over the talent and results, then the system is a problem.

So you're saying Germany and Spain will be meeting in the semi-finals?

No, there are 4 groups with four teams, these 8 from group A n C and only 2 of these 8 can make the semi finals, they r gonna meet with teams from the counter groups.
Im sure spain will make it but germany doesnt have anyone else except nowitzki. I see more chances for Turkey (even though memo wont play) or Serbia.

Enes may be invited to the tournament but its high probability that he wont attend.

So, how did our defensive "system" work? Especially the middle D? It was wonderful correct? And how did we do starting games with Sap and Big Al? That was wonderful too right?

Sure you have to have "systems" but when the system rules over the talent and results, then the system is a problem.
Or the players are the problem. Offensively, we have always been one of the top teams in the NBA. Deron stopped running the damn plays; that was the main problem. Secondary to that is that Jefferson was lost the first part of the year. Post-trade you had a bunch of new guys, including the PG who didn't know the system. It takes time to learn plays and adjust to your teammates.

Defense is as much about attitude as it is about ability. Now I will admit Sloan overemphasized stopping penetration at the risk of giving up 3's - and that frustrated the hell out of me. But I don't think any defensive system could have worked with Boozer in it. And I think that was proven in Chicago, when they benched him in favor of Gibson. Is Fes a better defender than Jefferson? Yes. But you give up way too much offensively having him in there.

Wow!!!!! Get your head out of the clouds! Where have you been? The only reason he makes so little is he is one of the laziest most undedicated players in the league. Fes hasn't improved anything in his game since he got hear.

He came to Utah with so much talent and potential. He's where he is because he doesn't have any work ethic.

Does that explain why we hate him.

No, it doesn't explain hate. He is gifted but lazy and passionless, his production arguably doesn't get any better even though as player he is better now. I can understand frustration, disappointment but not hate though. He is not who brings the team down. When he is out there he is a game changer more often than not. And you hate him for not being out there day in and day out because he could be so special but have failed? You have serious problems then.

Defense is as much about attitude as it is about ability. Now I will admit Sloan overemphasized stopping penetration at the risk of giving up 3's - and that frustrated the hell out of me. But I don't think any defensive system could have worked with Boozer in it. And I think that was proven in Chicago, when they benched him in favor of Gibson. Is Fes a better defender than Jefferson? Yes. But you give up way too much offensively having him in there.
Do you really think so? He sets great picks, his baby hook is very dangerous, he can post up very well but not as good as you could expect from such big bloke. Damn, he does even have a midrange jumper he can occasionally hit. The problem with Fes out there this season is Utah doesn't run plays for C to score. When Al playing C starts his ball dancing everyone else stops and defense stalls. How could one expect any offensive production from Fes in this case I can't grasp.