What's new

Finally - a Game (Spurs @ Jazz, 2/21/20 at 7:00pm MST)

Really wish we would have waited to extend Royce. He looks to be playing at about 75% of the effort he was before the extension. It also looks to be contagious. Just have no answer to why we start so flat, other than lack of energy and effort.
I really would love to see Donovan be the focus of the offense for the first several possessions tonight and see if we could get him back in rhythm. He looks to be losing confidence in himself. It's time for him to go full Alpha even if he looks like Westbrook for a bit.

One thing that troubles me is the run the Jazz give up from time to time and it was evident at the end of the first half. It's a combination of chucking, no rebounds, turnovers and bad transition defense. If Quin were the genius everyone says he is, he would put a stop to this by changing the offensive sets and/or personnel. If you aren't going to play hard or smart, have a seat young man.

One thing that troubles me is the run the Jazz give up from time to time and it was evident at the end of the first half. It's a combination of chucking, no rebounds, turnovers and bad transition defense. If Quin were the genius everyone says he is, he would put a stop to this by changing the offensive sets and/or personnel. If you aren't going to play hard or smart, have a seat young man.
I think the issue is Quinn is still a young coach and he's never had to deal with egos that are created when a team is good/has expectations. He's almost to sympathetic and conscientious is situations where he shouldn't be. He needs some of that assholeness with the combo of frivolousness that Popovich has.