What's new

Finding a thread from 2008-2009

GoJazz

After Obama was elected we made a thread with all his campaign promises. I was looking for it and could only find things back to 2010. Is there a way to search for that thread or is it gone? I think it would be interesting to review 2008 vs 2012.

After Obama was elected we made a thread with all his campaign promises. I was looking for it and could only find things back to 2010. Is there a way to search for that thread or is it gone? I think it would be interesting to review 2008 vs 2012.

Do you not remember having to recreate your account in 2010 after the board crashed?

To be slightly more helpful...It's gone man. It's all gone.

Unless Franklin can magically find some of it, like he did with some of the other old stuff.
Were other posters able to figure it out and do a little data mining of the old board?

He promised to fix chinese currency manipulation. Nope.
He ridiculed Hillary for her individual mandate. Nope.
He promised to increase higher education spending. Nope (he chose to increase military spending at the fastest rate ever instead).
He promised to increase taxes on the rich. Nope.
He promised to invade Afghanistan. Yep.

Obama is a republican. Vote in the democrat.

To add on to what Franklin said, off the top of my head.

He promised he would shut down Guantanamo Bay. Nope
He promised he would get us out of NAFTA and GATT. Nope
He said he would provide government transparency. Nada
He claimed he would bring our troops home steadfast. Imagine that, no.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100103165648/https://jazzfanz.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33010

I've been trying, but no avail. Any ideas as to what the thread was called? Me and frank could try to tag team this
Ugly+duuude.jpg

It's a guy, dude! And I don't see how that's gonna help.

Looking back at the old threads is like sipping a fine Dew. My favorite so far has been BeanClown's sig:

"I've always thought soccer was for Mexicans and homosexuals, and never bothered"-TroutBum

"I'm actually growing out my poop-stache just so I can fit in w/ the Mexicans down there"-TroutBum

It's nice to see that some things haven't changed.

Reactions: UB