What's new

first 10 posts reviewed by Mods rule

it only took the mods 3 of my posts to start instantly showing my posts. maybe all of your friends just arnt quality posters... have you all considerd this? and if your friends are not quality posters you might need to questions your own postibility. beacause like they say "you post like who your friends are" -UGLI

or maybe your's were dull and innocuous..

or maybe your's were dull and innocuous..

250px-Burn_Notice_logo.svg.png

Anyone home?

Could I send a mod a list of people that aren't "Laker Trolls" out to ruin our lives, just some new posters that want to participate on jazzfanz?

It's a little crazy that the process to join this website takes more than a few days.

Feedback pls?

Anyone home?

Could I send a mod a list of people that aren't "Laker Trolls" out to ruin our lives, just some new posters that want to participate on jazzfanz?

It's a little crazy that the process to join this website takes more than a few days.

Feedback pls?

You'll need to talk to Jason. While the mods are the ones that approve posts by new users, Jason would have to be the one to change the policy.

Possible solution?

If a member is in good standing, perhaps they can officially vouch for a friend and bypass the 10 post rule. The understanding is that if either a) the vouched for person turns out to be an alt, or b) the person posts vulgar content.. then the sponsoring member gets permabanned.

The approval process is hurting more than its helping. I too have had a couple friends give up on the site. I don't see how it really helps. If a troller wants to troll then they just have to make 20 clean posts then they are in the clear to go berserk.

I just about gave up too. Signing up is an impulse decision for most people I think. I lurked forever with no intention of ever posting, but one day, something is said that makes you want really comment on it. But you post and it doesn't even show up. By the time it does, then no one even sees it anyways. Thats a huge turn off. Its an instant gratification thing. I think you have to hook the poster right then and not give them a chance to lose interest. Which can happen easy if they aren't part of the conversation that drove them to sign up in the first place. Its already feels like a pain in the butt to sign up to websites just to comment anyways.

I agree, Hack. I have a feeling we're being perceived as whiners and a nuisance though..

You just read my mind!

Seriously though, I'm in favor of getting rid of this rule as well. Maybe another mod or two could be added to offset the chance that getting rid of the rule would lead to problems.

Another possibility?

Maybe give a few 'trusted' posters the ability to lock and hide a thread of new posters until a real mod can investigate.. I know that's most likely a software issue..