What's new

Fisher to OKC

Oh come on people. He has only used the "I need to be let out of my contract to address family concerns" with the Jazz, Rockets & Mavericks. Give him a break already.

From Twitter: "Little known fact about Derek Fisher is he always settles his family in close proximity to elite Western Conference teams."

Oh come on people. He has only used the "I need to be let out of my contract to address family concerns" with the Jazz, Rockets & Mavericks. Give him a break already.

He was much more straight up with the Rockets. He wanted that buyout to go to a contender.

I'd only be able to link to the mobile version of the article, but Derek Fisher will sign with OKC today for the rest of the season. It seems pretty hypocritical since he asked the Mavs to release him so he could spend more time with his family.

His release was back in Nov/early Dec. Without any details being offered, I don't know what happened in the last couple of months. To say he was asking to be released that early, solely on the chance that Thunder would sign him over two months later, is a big stretch. He could have easily found himself unemployed.

It's the same thing as he did to Utah. Exactly the same thing. If he was worried about his daughter he would have moved to NEW YORK where her doctor was.

Even before he was released, Los Angeles was mentioned as one of the cities that had the type of medical care he sought.

His release was back in Nov/early Dec. Without any details being offered, I don't know what happened in the last couple of months. To say he was asking to be released that early, solely on the chance that Thunder would sign him over two months later, is a big stretch. He could have easily found himself unemployed.

True. My point is that it doesn't necessarily make sense that Fisher wanted to be released since it was hard being away from his family, only to leave his family a couple months later. Does he not want to be with his family now?

I wish Cuban would rip him a new ******* in the media.

The 38-year-old southpaw who won five titles in two stints playing alongside Kobe Bryant, signed a veteran’s minimum deal with the Mavs on Nov. 29 on the heels of Dallas benching Darren Collison. Fisher immediately took over as the starter until he asked for and received his release on Dec. 22 so he could spend more time with his family, as he explained in a prepared statement. Apparently with 26 games left before the start of the playoffs, family concerns are no longer an issue for Fisher, who wore No. 6 for the Mavs because, as he said, he joined them on a quest for a sixth title. “This is not a pit stop,” Fisher told his new Dallas teammates. Lo and behold, he will also wear No. 6 for the Thunder. He will make his second OKC debut in as many seasons at home Wednesday against the New Orleans Hornets. So how do the jilted Mavs feel about this turn of events? Owner Mark Cuban did not reply to multiple emails on Monday, but one league source said the best way to describe the mood of the Dallas front office is “agitated.” The source said that Fisher and his representatives never contacted the Mavs during his decision-making process to discuss a possible return to Dallas, the team that, in good faith, initially signed him. NBA.com
Read more at https://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#IXuWdCAPQhxg3Rsp.99

The 38-year-old southpaw who won five titles in two stints playing alongside Kobe Bryant, signed a veteran’s minimum deal with the Mavs on Nov. 29 on the heels of Dallas benching Darren Collison. Fisher immediately took over as the starter until he asked for and received his release on Dec. 22 so he could spend more time with his family, as he explained in a prepared statement. Apparently with 26 games left before the start of the playoffs, family concerns are no longer an issue for Fisher, who wore No. 6 for the Mavs because, as he said, he joined them on a quest for a sixth title. “This is not a pit stop,” Fisher told his new Dallas teammates. Lo and behold, he will also wear No. 6 for the Thunder. He will make his second OKC debut in as many seasons at home Wednesday against the New Orleans Hornets. So how do the jilted Mavs feel about this turn of events? Owner Mark Cuban did not reply to multiple emails on Monday, but one league source said the best way to describe the mood of the Dallas front office is “agitated.” The source said that Fisher and his representatives never contacted the Mavs during his decision-making process to discuss a possible return to Dallas, the team that, in good faith, initially signed him. NBA.com
Read more at https://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#IXuWdCAPQhxg3Rsp.99

Even before he was released, Los Angeles was mentioned as one of the cities that had the type of medical care he sought.

Of course she was actually being treated by a doctor in New York at the time he requested the release. And we know that the Knicks offered him a contract. Went to LA.

This is one of those situations where there's been so much smoke for so long that I'm surprised anyone believes there's no fire.

I don't get why a bigger deal isn't made about that. Fisher knew that Hunter was taking money from the union, but he didn't make it public until Hunter did something to him. It's been a while, so I forget the details, but **** that guy.

It was all good when Hunter was using union funds to buy Fisher a sweet watch.

One of the largest single line items in the corruption report. Fisher has not returned the watch.

Of course she was actually being treated by a doctor in New York at the time he requested the release. And we know that the Knicks offered him a contract. Went to LA.

This is one of those situations where there's been so much smoke for so long that I'm surprised anyone believes there's no fire.

They did? I honestly don't remember that part.

They did? I honestly don't remember that part.

I can't find a non-paywalled link. It looks like my memory was a little off. New York indicated they would sign him but they had to wait a week because they had 17 players under contract. In any event, it was known that the Knicks were interested and then-GM Glen Gruenwald was talking to his agent about getting him in there. Fisher signed with the Lakers before the Knicks could clear the roster spot.