What's new

Fisher to OKC

Does everyone forget how much money Utah saved by releasing him?

He wasn't that good.

This is one of those situations where there's been so much smoke for so long that I'm surprised anyone believes there's no fire.

Suspicion is not proof, and I don't know what the fire is supposed to be. Do you think Fisher had guarantees from the Lakers then or Thunder this year? I have no idea what Fisher's motivations really were, but I do think any account for those motivations should look at all the evidence.

I can't find a non-paywalled link. It looks like my memory was a little off. New York indicated they would sign him but they had to wait a week because they had 17 players under contract.

I don't think there is a contract limit in summertime, is there?

Apparently, he was injured and wanted to rehabilitate with his family, which is still in LA. I'm sure he would have signed with the Clippers or Lakers, if they were willing.

He probably could have asked the Mavs for permission to go back to LA to rehab after his injury. And according to the article below rehab should have lasted a whopping two weeks. Also, Fisher was quoted as saying: "With this news [the injury and rehab] and the difficulty I have been having being away from my family, I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home."

If it's so hard for him to be away from his family, why did he just leave them again? Look, there's nothing wrong with a washed up vet wanting to go after more championships. But lying about the reason (especially when it involves using your family) is bush league.

He probably wants to make a legacy for himself as being among those with the most NBA championship rings -- what other explanation for it. It probably helps career-wise / endorsements too, getting a ring, especially a role-player like Fisher. Whatever, it's all about him, as is obvious to everyone. If the Lakers were in the hunt, he probably would've signed with them.

He probably could have asked the Mavs for permission to go back to LA to rehab after his injury. And according to the article below rehab should have lasted a whopping two weeks. Also, Fisher was quoted as saying: "With this news [the injury and rehab] and the difficulty I have been having being away from my family, I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home."

If it's so hard for him to be away from his family, why did he just leave them again? Look, there's nothing wrong with a washed up vet wanting to go after more championships. But lying about the reason (especially when it involves using your family) is bush league.
Like most Americans, his geography skills are very lacking. First he thought LA was closer to NY than Utah. Now he believes OKC is closer to LA than Dallas. You really can't blame him; he's just a product of the U.S. public school system!

I didn't mind him getting his release from the Jazz.

I just never understood why he felt he had to play with another team that year. That was the moment where I realized it was shady. The man had enough money to sit out a season.

Another good quote from the same link:

“Like I said, his kids are older now,” Cuban said. “It’s easier to fly in and out of Oklahoma City than it is to Dallas. I understand that. It’s just a decision a parent has to make.”

Another good quote from the same link:

“Like I said, his kids are older now,” Cuban said. “It’s easier to fly in and out of Oklahoma City than it is to Dallas. I understand that. It’s just a decision a parent has to make.”

My respect for Cuban just went way up. I've now elevated him about 10 levels above Greg Miller.
Well, maybe not 10...probably about 100.

And I've never liked Cuban.
So I guess everyone knows how I feel about Greggy Boy.

My respect for Cuban just went way up. I've now elevated him about 10 levels above Greg Miller.
Well, maybe not 10...probably about 100.

And I've never liked Cuban.
So I guess everyone knows how I feel about Greggy Boy.

Not BFFs any more?