What's new

Flagrant Foul Documentary: Utah Jazz perspective

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
Just watched it tonight, no doubt our main man Tim Donaghy is dirtier than a **** filled nappy but his defence is interesting a basic admission that the league is fixed. Not so much fixed but built around a business model that favours certain teams and markets, we all know it to be true but to hear it from an insider is perfect. No doubt our boy is trying to paint himself in the best possible light to the FBI and may gain some cover by offering up a bigger fish.

Also Scott Foster gets fingered as bent which is enjoyable on its own. David Stern is made to look like the grubby piece of **** he is too. All in all excellent documentary.

First, haven't watched it, so what I'm saying is based on what I've heard about it - from what I gather this is more of a Donaghy reputation laundering film(it's based on Donaghy's book), rather than a documentary. It supposedly omits some important details and straight up misrepresents some events in an attempt to clean up Donaghy 's image. There was a BS podcast and a Basketball Illuminati podcast episodes covering all the BS that ESPN allowed to be included in this movie despite knowing full well that there are actual documents(including court documents) and opposing perspectives that go against Donaghy's story.

First, haven't watched it, so what I'm saying is based on what I've heard about it - from what I gather this is more of a Donaghy reputation laundering film(it's based on Donaghy's book), rather than a documentary. It supposedly omits some important details and straight up misrepresents some events in an attempt to clean up Donaghy 's image. There was a BS podcast and a Basketball Illuminati podcast episodes covering all the BS that ESPN allowed to be included in this movie despite knowing full well that there are actual documents(including court documents) and opposing perspectives that go against Donaghy's story.

While I wouldn't call it a puff piece there aren't isn't a lot of serious questioning of him and his co-conspirators, as somebody used to dealing with criminals you learn not to take anything they say on face value. Here's a bloke on 400k a year still trying to make extra on the side illegally, demonstrates an awful lot about his character. Like most corrupt officials (police, politicians ect..) the money was spent on strippers (likely sex, booze and drugs but they don't dig deeper than the admission of strip joints) and discretionary crap for his family and kids. (funnily enough his wife has has earrings he bought with proceeds of crime.) His middle man buddy who comes across as a slime ball and I reckon definitely has more skeletons in his closest isn't really looked at and the bookie Baba and his links to organised crime and violence isn't looked at either, other than saying he wasn't a made member of the Gambino crime family. (FBI estimates his tips made them between 20 and 30 million dollars. )