What's new

Flash's new ride

twentytwo

As per NBA.com.

---

You shouldn’t have any problem spotting Utah Jazz rookie Gordon Hayward on the streets of Salt Lake City.

He’ll be the 6-foot-8 NBA rookie climbing out of the shiny new car.

A Honda Accord.

That’s right. Hayward went all out on his first car, per my main man Tim Buckley of the Deseret News:

Still unaccustomed to the actual purchase power of his newfound riches, Hayward — 20-year-old Hoosier, Jazz rookie millionaire, newly minted Larry H. Miller dealership loyalist — is not nearly spoiled enough yet to think so ostentatiously.

He got a Honda Accord.

“That’s a good, practical car for me,” Hayward said Tuesday, after his first session of fall two-a-day training camp. “The first car I’ve ever owned, so that was real exciting when I drove off with it the first time.”

The Accord — most sticker well under $30,000 — is a little more low-to-the-road than the minivan, but not far removed from the class in which he’s been rolling.

“I had a (Honda) Civic growing up, too,” said Hayward, who nicknamed his old van White Warrior in a futile attempt to make it cool. “So it’s an upgrade from the Civic.”

Grounded by his Heartland upbringing in the Indianapolis suburb of Brownsburg, it should come as no surprise — even though he didn’t buy American — that the Butler University product will blend anonymously into I-15 traffic.

This is our new favorite rookie here at the hideout, a Top 10 draft pick willing to rock a ride that could pass for any of ours.

Sounds like he's cut from the same mold as John Stockton. Very unassuming.
Maybe the fancy car will be the one he buys for his girlfriend.

Awesome. For so long I've held onto my irritation the Jazz drafted him - but he just won me over.

I would've preferred Toyota Camry, but this will suffice. This guy is a stud.

Al Jefferson's car

classic-007-480x254.jpg

Nah lol Definitly Al.

Got his nickname on the seat.

Found it on a website of the top 10 most interesting rides in the Nba

Nah lol Definitly Al.

Got his nickname on the seat.

Found it on a website of the top 10 most interesting rides in the Nba

I saw his name on the seat after I wrote that. Just thought he was movin' on up.

I heard it was Red with a black interior. I can't tell if that means he will flee the Jazz for the Bulls or for Potland.

At least if he wanted a care made by Honda he could have bought an Acura. Probably wish he had an Escalade during the winter.

The Utah Jazz is the right place for Hayward.

You guys are funny. Why does it matter what kind of car a person drives? I guess if you are a girl it matters but I haven't seen one study validate a person's character with the kind of car a person drives. Now one can say Hayward playing style fits the Jazz but to say he belongs on the Jazz because he bought a Honda Accord is beyond funny. The hero worship begins..lol

You guys are funny. Why does it matter what kind of car a person drives? I guess if you are a girl it matters but I haven't seen one study validate a person's character with the kind of car a person drives. Now one can say Hayward playing style fits the Jazz but to say he belongs on the Jazz because he bought a Honda Accord is beyond funny. The hero worship begins..lol

It was a joke, yo.

So me and Flash can be homies now. I've been driving an Accord for the last few years.

Wife got the new car; I got the hand-me-down. The joys of marriage:-(

Last edited: