What's new

Florida to teach slavery was good for black people and self-defense by them was "acts of violence"

Is this satire?
It never is.
61b07ad906b6770018c486a7

“Here’s the first thing you need to know, slavery was not invented by white people,” said Candace Owens, PragerU.

Prager University foundation’s website states “It offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education.”

“We have seen that our schools have been hijacked by the left,” said a representative of PragerU in an interview.

The recent action taken by the Florida Department of Education aligns with the “Stop Woke Act” signed into law by Governor Ron DeSantis in 2022.

“Here’s the first thing you need to know, slavery was not invented by white people,” said Candace Owens, PragerU.

Prager University foundation’s website states “It offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education.”

“We have seen that our schools have been hijacked by the left,” said a representative of PragerU in an interview.

The recent action taken by the Florida Department of Education aligns with the “Stop Woke Act” signed into law by Governor Ron DeSantis in 2022.
Well in truth slavery as an institution is older than prostitution really. For as long as humans have existed slavery has existed in some form or another. In africa there was active slavery among different groups at the same time white people from europe were rounding up entire villages to be forced into slavery in america. It really isn't new. And no, white people did not invent it. The egyptians were enslaving people, even before that evidence of it among the sumerians. However, white people certainly made great strides in efficiency and enforcement of slavery, in keeping with other advancements of the time. We invented the cotton gin and a most efficient slave market and society. Just did everything better, right?

But using this as an excuse to teach children that, hey it wasn't that bad, is deplorable in the extreme and nearly unconscionable for more thinking human beings with any inkling of empathy.

Unbelievable. My first thought was that if they only called out kids with bad test scores and it happened that a good chunk of them were African American well, that's still not good but not as bad as presented. But after reading a few more accounts of this apparently there was a memo telling teachers to send all "AA" students out for the assembly. Meaning African American of course. One account I read was a parent commenting that her kids had some of the highest test scores in the school and were still included as "AA" students. Just unbelievable. We better hope that clown of a governor there doesn't get in as president.

Reactions: Red
Unbelievable. My first thought was that if they only called out kids with bad test scores and it happened that a good chunk of them were African American well, that's still not good but not as bad as presented. But after reading a few more accounts of this apparently there was a memo telling teachers to send all "AA" students out for the assembly. Meaning African American of course. One account I read was a parent commenting that her kids had some of the highest test scores in the school and were still included as "AA" students. Just unbelievable. We better hope that clown of a governor there doesn't get in as president.
The assembly was inexcusable and all involved should be fired. I have zero doubts this school principle was sucking at the teat of Robin DiAngelo and had read White Fragility no less than 3 times. Beyond separating the kids by skin color to help them, the school instituted rewards that were only available to black kids. If you were White and you got 90% on your test then nothing but if you were black and got 90% on your test then you got a McDonald's gift card. I'm not sure you can even classify this as the soft bigotry of low expectations. This was some leftist with white savior complex who believed herself to be doing noble work when it is nothing but pure racism. These delusional racists are exactly the types of teachers that DeSantis is pushing to get removed from the education system. It is addition by subtraction.

The assembly was inexcusable and all involved should be fired. I have zero doubts this school principle was sucking at the teat of Robin DiAngelo and had read White Fragility no less than 3 times. Beyond separating the kids by skin color to help them, the school instituted rewards that were only available to black kids. If you were White and you got 90% on your test then nothing but if you were black and got 90% on your test then you got a McDonald's gift card. I'm not sure you can even classify this as the soft bigotry of low expectations. This was some leftist with white savior complex who believed herself to be doing noble work when it is nothing but pure racism. These delusional racists are exactly the types of teachers that DeSantis is pushing to get removed from the education system. It is addition by subtraction.

lol

I wish I had your certainty. Must be nice.

I have zero doubts you don't understand what DiAngelo wrote at all.
"I'm a big believer in 'affinity space' and 'affinity work'. People of color need to get away from White people and have some community with each other."
--Robin DeAngelo

That is exactly what this elementary school principal did. She created an 'affinity space' in an effort to boost up those she viewed as ... on account of the color of their skin.

The whole movement is racist garbage being sold by hustlers. They are selling hate disguised as something noble. The KKK also believed themselves noble but lumping people into groups by the color of their skin, then or now, is gross.

"I'm a big believer in 'affinity space' and 'affinity work'. People of color need to get away from White people and have some community with each other."
--Robin DeAngelo

That is exactly what this elementary school principal did. She created an 'affinity space' in an effort to boost up those she viewed as ... on account of the color of their skin.
Thank you for confirming that you are totally ignorant of what an affinity space is and what affinity work is, and also that you have no idea what DiAngelo's work is.

Thank you for confirming that you are totally ignorant of what an affinity space is and what affinity work is, and also that you have no idea what DiAngelo's work is.
For those lurking on the thread, 'affinity space' is the new term for racial segregation because these racist DEI types think 'racial segregation' has a negative image so they use new words to call for the same old thing racists have always called for.

For those lurking on the thread, 'affinity space' is the new term for racial segregation because these racist DEI types think 'racial segregation' has a negative image so they use new words to call for the same old thing racists have always called for.
For those lurking in the thread, this is completely, utterly, maliciously incorrect, as any web search will tell you. I don't understand how you can be moderately intelligent, and not understand that your sources are lying to you over and over.

I've heard leftists argue for racial segregation, but knowing DeSantis's right wing base, I would have to be a real dumbass to believe they're motivated by anti-racism.

These delusional racists are exactly the types of teachers that DeSantis is pushing to get removed from the education system.
Oh, I think, particularly in higher education, the man and his policies are driving a significant exodus of good teachers from Florida….

Last edited:
Oh, I think, particularly in higher education, the man and his policies are driving a significant exodus of good teachers from Florida….

The articles are about one tiny liberal arts school, like Evergreen State in Washington where the students took the teachers hostage. The total enrollment of this university is 700 students and it was mostly staffed with woke trash. As above, it is addition by subtraction. These are exactly the types of wokies you don't want in education, and the article tries to pretend the purge of the wokies at that liberal arts school is representative of higher education in Florida.

It isn't until paragraph 9 where the author admits "none of the other 11 state-run universities are expected to match New College’s exceptionally high percentage of faculty vacancies." Then in paragraph 10 you learn "State University System of Florida has not received any concerns from our member institutions indicating turnover this year has been any higher than previous years. Turnover occurs every year."

I don't find it sad that those who want to earn a living by teaching Intersectionality in Basket Weaving Theory don't feel secure in their teaching positions in Florida. Even if the authors of this kind of fishwrap can find an anecdotal real academic who left, the larger statistical picture shows this as much ado about nothing. Florida is the #1 rated state in the nation in higher education. Professors of Intersectionality in Basket Weaving Theory fleeing the state won't change that.

Last edited:
The articles are about one tiny liberal arts school,
This is also the only one where DeSantis's replaced the board of trustees with hand-picked replacements. It's an experiment in what he has talked about on a larger scale, and it is a failure. They had to increase the budget by $15million for recruiting.

These are exactly the types of wokies you don't want in education,
You mean the biologists, computer scientists, etc.

Then in paragraph 10 you learn "State University System of Florida has not received any concerns from our member institutions indicating turnover this year has been any higher than previous years. Turnover occurs every year."
According to DeSantis's hand-picked chancellor who was installed just his year, and has little experience in higher education.

I don't find it sad that those who want to earn a living by teaching Intersectionality in Basket Weaving Theory
You have delivered another take based on ignorance, arrogance, and misinformation. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

The articles are about one tiny liberal arts school
That’s true, but the changes made or planned are more wide reaching.

What's DeSantis' Endgame?​

DeSantis' end goal is to intimidate faculty into espousing only the viewpoints that he and his Republican colleagues believe, Gothard said. Like the Stop WOKE Act, the ultimate goal is to chill faculty speech. However, since part of Stop WOKE was struck down, DeSantis has had to resort to Plan B.

That is really his aim and goal, Gothard said. Despite saying he supports freedom, he wants to control not just the actions of people in Florida, but their speech.

Gothard added that these changes are slowly making Florida's colleges and universities a less desirable workplace. He said a recent survey of staff from the University of South Florida found that most faculty would leave the state if offered a position outside of Florida. Gothard added that he recently spoke with a professor outside the state who turned down a job in Florida due to DeSantis' recent actions.

DeSantis has a clear plan, but Gothard contends it won't be easy to execute.

Florida's public colleges and universities stretch across the state, and many state legislators aim to secure funding for the schools they represent. It'll be difficult for DeSantis to sell university budget cuts to these legislators, even for schools that keep programs and courses antithetical to his vision for Florida higher education.”

These are exactly the types of wokies you don't want in education, and the article tries to pretend the purge of the wokies at that liberal arts school is representative of higher education in Florida.
Wokies? Yeah, you don’t want highly educated, intellectual oriented individuals in institutions of higher learning. What a terrible thing that would be.

Florida is the #1 rated state in the nation in higher education. Professors of Intersectionality in Basket Weaving Theory fleeing the state won't change that.
Yeah, but they’re getting an F- in education reform.

As for basket weaving theory, that sounds like a course for jocks that need credits. Sounds like they might need more courses like that, actually…

“Much of the drop in average scores can be attributed to incoming student-athletes who, despite scoring worse on average, have earned a disproportionate number of the school's $10,000-per-year merit-based scholarships.”