What's new

Flossing in the Shower

JazzMan4Life

Contributor
I sucked at flossing as a kid.
Got better as an adult.
But the only thing that keeps me regularly flossing is doing it in the shower.
Am I the only one?
What are your thoughts?

I sucked at flossing as a kid.
Got better as an adult.
But the only thing that keeps me regularly flossing is doing it in the shower.
Am I the only one?
What are your thoughts?
I use flossers and do it on the drive to work.
No way I would do it in the shower as I hate to waste water and standing there flossing seems like a waste of water to me.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

I use flossers and do it on the drive to work.
No way I would do it in the shower as I hate to waste water and standing there flossing seems like a waste of water to me.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk
Why do you hate to waste water? Other than the obvious, another minute or so seems minuscule to me.

Why do you hate to waste water? Other than the obvious, another minute or so seems minuscule to me.
Cause of a lack of water in the area that I live. (Also I have a water bill and I try to keep it low). I also only shower every other day. (Unless I have been exercising or something) I get in while the water is still warming up (cold) and I get out right when I'm done washing.
I'm that way about most everything though.
I never leave a light on in a room I'm not in. Never waste water. Never litter. (I actually pick up litter when I take my dog on walks. I bring a bag with me). Never run my vehicle if not actually driving. Recycle everything. I re-use things like paper towels and garbage bags.
I try to be conscious of little things I can do to try to help society as a whole.
I also volunteer at the humane society, and try to give compliments to random people when I'm out and about. (learned to do this from my daughter). I volunteer at my daughter's elementary school on my days off. (I really enjoy doing this)
A week or two ago it was really snowy and I live on a pretty steep hill and when I was coming home from work I saw that people were struggling to get up the hill due to how slick and steep the road was. So right when I got home I put on my winter gear and walked to the corner and immediately started pushing cars to help them up the hill.
Did 4 cars and was exhausted so I went home and ate dinner then my daughter and I went back to the street corner and I pushed some more while she made snow angels and stuff in someones yard.

I'm not naive enough to think that me trying to save water, not pollute the air, not litter, use less electricity, be kind and helpful to others, recycle, etc is going to make some huge difference (I'm also not perfect. I drive a gas guzzler which I do feel bad about but I continue to own)..... But I'm gonna do these things anyways. I would feel guilty if I didn't do these things.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cause of a lack of water in the area that I live. (Also I have a water bill and I try to keep it low). I also only shower every other day. (Unless I have been exercising or something) I get in while the water is still warming up (cold) and I get out right when I'm done washing.
I never leave a light on in a room I'm not in. Never waste water. Never litter. (I actually pick up litter when I take my dog on walks. I bring a bag with me). Never run my vehicle if not actually driving. Recycle everything. I re-use things like paper towels and garbage bags.
I try to be conscious of little things I can do to try to help society as a whole.
I also volunteer at the humane society, and try to give compliments to random people when I'm out and about. (learned to do this from my daughter). I volunteer at my daughter's elementary school on my days off. (I really enjoy doing this)
A week or two ago it was really snowy and I live on a pretty steep hill and when I was coming home from work I saw that people were struggling to get up the hill due to how slick and steep the road was. So right when I got home I put on my winter gear and walked to the corner and immediately started pushing cars to help them up the hill.
Did 4 cars and was exhausted so I went home and ate dinner then my daughter and I went back to the street corner and I pushed some more while she made snow angels and stuff in someones yard.

I'm not naive enough to think that me trying to save water, not pollute the air, not litter, use less electricity, be kind and helpful to others, recycle, etc is going to make some huge difference (I'm also not perfect. I drive a gas guzzler which I do feel bad about but I continue to own)..... But I'm gonna do these things anyways. I would feel guilty if I didn't do these things.

Please come to my house and teach my wife how to turn off a light.

Please come to my house and teach my wife how to turn off a light.
Im often going into rooms that she just vacated and turning the light off. Same with my daughter. They are actually pretty good about it though.

I think my extra minute in the shower is worth it, but I truly appreciate your response. We should all try to do better.