What's new

Following potential 2012 draftees

I said it was stupid and it is. That's called an obseration and opinion. Sensitive is how you respond to your lady having a bad day.

Don't see how it is stupid. Just him calling someone overrated. It's not like he said the guy was terrible, or complete trash. He just stated he was overrated.

Don't see how it is stupid. Just him calling someone overrated. It's not like he said the guy was terrible, or complete trash. He just stated he was overrated.

I don't know why I'm debating this because I do agree it's no big deal, but ... let me ask you a question and try to answer honestly (meaning, non-contrarian).

You are a GM. You are building a team based on talent, character, and chemistry (don't most at least attempt this?). You are about to make a pick in the draft and you hear two statements being made, which one sounds like the guy you want on your team?

Player A - This player is asked what his opinion is of Player B. He says, "When we played him he was very good, highly skilled, and I was very impressed .. the sky's the limit with that guy, he's a real competitor."

Player B - This player is asked what his opinion is of Player A. He says, "That guy's just a hype machine, he's overrated."

I don't know why I'm debating this because I do agree it's no big deal, but ... let me ask you a question and try to answer honestly (meaning, non-contrarian).

You are a GM. You are building a team based on talent, character, and chemistry (don't most at least attempt this?). You are about to make a pick in the draft and you hear two statements being made, which one sounds like the guy you want on your team?

Player A - This player is asked what his opinion is of Player B. He says, "When we played him he was very good, highly skilled, and I was very impressed .. the sky's the limit with that guy, he's a real competitor."

Player B - This player is asked what his opinion is of Player A. He says, "That guy's just a hype machine, he's overrated."

I don't really care about either statement and I choose Player B because I have a mid-first round pick and I want Royce White. (I am Danny Ainge).

Pretty funny the uproar that's been created by a Calipari tweet yesterday. Rival fans and coaches hate that Calipari tweeted (paraphrasing);

"Sorry to all the recruits out there, I'll be tied up for a couple days putting my next 6 guys in the NBA."

What is the hell is all the fascination with Dion Waiters? Now CLE being rumored to be seriously taking him at #4????

He's a 6'4 SG that sucked, at the collegiate leve,l in the half-court. He's great in transition, good in the PnR, but seems, to me, to be a liability in the half-court. Shot 36% from three as well .. which is okay, I guess, but nothing great for sure. Maybe they're right, but I'm having trouble seeing reason reason for all the love.

A ****ing men! This is baffling. The kid has Martell Webster written all over him.

What is the hell is all the fascination with Dion Waiters? Now CLE being rumored to be seriously taking him at #4????

He's a 6'4 SG that sucked, at the collegiate leve,l in the half-court. He's great in transition, good in the PnR, but seems, to me, to be a liability in the half-court. Shot 36% from three as well .. which is okay, I guess, but nothing great for sure. Maybe they're right, but I'm having trouble seeing reason reason for all the love.

Supposedly he has the special power to get to the basket one-on-one everytime. Like a mini Lebron.

Supposedly he has the special power to get to the basket one-on-one everytime. Like a mini Lebron.

I'll give him that, at least at the college level. He's got great handles and is crafty with the ball .. but that describes dozens of guys.

Man....

WE WERE SO ****ING CLOSE TO GETTING A ****ING 8TH PICK AND BEING RIGHT IN THE HEAT OF ALL OF THIS GODDAMN DRAFT DISCUSSION. **** GOLDEN STATE, AND **** THIS WORLD ALTOGETHER.

/vent.

I think CLE is blowing smoke up people's asses. If MKG/Beal/Barnes is on the board and they pick Waiters, they're insane. Though I will say there's a reason that some franchises are just always bad.

Through the course of this thread, there was a lot of hand-wringing about whether we would get the 8th pick (GST).
There was also a lot of hand-wrining as to whether we'd get the 14th pick.

So, as a last pointless hurrah .. who would you take, if your're the Jazz, with the 8th AND the 14th?

Through the course of this thread, there was a lot of hand-wringing about whether we would get the 8th pick (GST).
There was also a lot of hand-wrining as to whether we'd get the 14th pick.

So, as a last pointless hurrah .. who would you take, if your're the Jazz, with the 8th AND the 14th?

8th wold be Lillard. In the case that Lillard isn't there, I'm trading the 8th and TPE for Luol Deng (if that was possible). 14th I'm taking Kendall Marshall (or a wing in the case we get Lillard)