What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Porter is a more dynamic and arguably more skilled player than Jeff Green. I don't think the Jazz have had a player like him at the SF before.

He's like a weird cross between (less athletic) Rudy Gay and pre-injury Josh Howard with a touch of Tayshaun Prince, not that that helps. Looks like a potential starter and stat-sheet stuffer with a mid-range game.

Also, I wouldn't compare Marcus Smart to Tyreke Evans. He's more like a Baron Davis bruiser PG. Physically he's close to a DeShawn Stevenson, really solid build.

Also, I wouldn't compare Marcus Smart to Tyreke Evans. He's more like a Baron Davis bruiser PG. Physically he's close to a DeShawn Stevenson, really solid build.

I prefer my PG to be quick, agile, low TO's and can knock down open shots, open 3's. Smart doesn't tick any of those boxes.

I prefer my PG to be quick, agile, low TO's and can knock down open shots, open 3's. Smart doesn't tick any of those boxes.
I like a bruiser for the current team. Kanter-Favors-Carroll-Hayward-Bruiser could punish teams relentlessly. It's the most appealing thing about Bledsoe and Smart IMO.

I like a bruiser for the current team. Kanter-Favors-Carroll-Hayward-Bruiser could punish teams relentlessly. It's the most appealing thing about Bledsoe and Smart IMO.

I'm comfortable with Bledsoe as he's shooting something like over 40% from 3's this season. He's also learnt to play the point properly under CP3 this season, you can just tell the difference in the way he plays and his numbers.

WCS

Nice 2nd career start.

We've already established he's an athletic stud at 7'. Tonight he had;
20pts
7rbs
3blks
1stl

8 of 10 shooting .. including 4 shots with the left hand and 4 with the right hand. He's very young, very green, and I bet is going to be very good.

I'm comfortable with Bledsoe as he's shooting something like over 40% from 3's this season. He's also learnt to play the point properly under CP3 this season, you can just tell the difference in the way he plays and his numbers.
Have you seen him play? He doesn't look like much of a halfcourt point guard to me.

Have you seen him play? He doesn't look like much of a halfcourt point guard to me.

Have you seen the Celtics game? I've posted it in the other threads a couple of times. He's a lot more composed now. Clippers run a lot of Horns, but when they don't he does a lot of drive and kick out for shooters. Also drive & alley hoops. He's learning, he just needs time on court to perfect his craft.

I agree with this. I really like Bledsoe and think he'd help define the team (I'm not even exactly sure what I mean there), but he's not a halfcourt PG . and not sure I see him evolving into that ..

I agree with this. I really like Bledsoe and think he'd help define the team (I'm not even exactly sure what I mean there), but he's not a halfcourt PG . and not sure I see him evolving into that ..

We're the kind of team that with Burks and Hayward we could divy up ball-handling responsibilities.

We're the kind of team that with Burks and Hayward we could divy up ball-handling responsibilities.

Yeah, but I wasn't suggesting EB can't handle the ball. I was just saying he's not one of the super heady points that execute a halfcourt offense with precision.

That's not really a knock, it's just keeping it real that EB is not the best PG in the league and there are a few reasons. I like him as much as anyone we could get, better than anyone in the draft (at PG).

I like him for the Jazz because he's got a badass personality that I think the young guys would feed off of. He's a leader that won't back down from anyone in the league and then walk away with a huge **** eating grin. Not sure exactly how to verbalize it, but that's a start.

Have you seen the Celtics game? I've posted it in the other threads a couple of times. He's a lot more composed now. Clippers run a lot of Horns, but when they don't he does a lot of drive and kick out for shooters. Also drive & alley hoops. He's learning, he just needs time on court to perfect his craft.
I have watched the Celtics game. I agree he's composed, but he doesn't control the game or do a good job of finding and attacking the opponent's weaknesses. He's a useful player, and he fits well in a young, tough, athletic lineup, but he doesn't look like a lead guard to me. Sure, he could grow into the role, but that sort of growth is pretty uncommon in the NBA.