What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

He's Shaun Livingston. Pass.

saying hes shaun livingston is a very nice compliment. before his knee this kid was the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QQXQh_6nI

Now to address this with CJ and MCW at once, to complete my thesis on please dont draft the pure 1 for development.

Burks is a 1/2 he is a freaking blur in fastbreak, he can take the ball up and easily guard 2's

we can afford to have another 1/2 starting like McCollum but preferably MCW, who does remind me of livingston, but not as fluid.

Let burks handle the ball on a fastbreak or quick off a made basket to push the pace, when the game slows, start the offense with MCW or McCollum

If you cant tell yet, i prefer CJ to Trey.

Yeah I hope we can improve defensively, who do you guys think we should take with our second first-rounder? BPA?

BEST POINT GUARD AVAILABLE 2nd round. thats where we nab a development project...

Ryan Harrow, Joe Jackson, Keith Appling are on the radar in the 2nd, apparently.

if we go 2 guard, Brandon Paul from Illinois, and i really Like Richard Howell as a 2nd round Reggie Evans type rebounder, 6'9", legit wingspan, explosive, 260lbs.

saying hes shaun livingston is a very nice compliment. before his knee this kid was the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QQXQh_6nI

Now to address this with CJ and MCW at once, to complete my thesis on please dont draft the pure 1 for development.

Burks is a 1/2 he is a freaking blur in fastbreak, he can take the ball up and easily guard 2's

we can afford to have another 1/2 starting like McCollum but preferably MCW, who does remind me of livingston, but not as fluid.

Let burks handle the ball on a fastbreak or quick off a missed basket to push the pace, when the game slows, start the offense with MCW or McCollum

If you cant tell yet, i prefer CJ to Trey.

Appreciate your input, but Burks lacks the handle & court vision to make his team better at the PG position.

BEST POINT GUARD AVAILABLE 2nd round. thats where we nab a development project...

Ryan Harrow, Joe Jackson, Keith Appling are on the radar in the 2nd, apparently.

if we go 2 guard, Brandon Paul from Illinois, and i really Like Richard Howell as a 2nd round Reggie Evans type rebounder, 6'9", legit wingspan, explosive, 260lbs.

Nate Wolters or Leo Westermann

Victor Oladipo = Ronnie Brewer, super athletic and good defender but can't shoot a lick. I love Oladipo's athleticism but that is about all that transfers to the NBA, unless you guys are just wanting to draft another dunk contest champion.

Michael Carter-Williams = Alec Burks, I like Burks but we don't need another shooting guard trying to play point guard, MCW assist number are inflated because earlier in the season he got a bunch of assist to subpar competition and now that MCW is in Big East play his assist numbers have disappeared.

Trey Burke shoots more 3's than any of these 3 players and actually makes them. Burke is also consistent at passing the ball and getting high assist numbers almost every game. TREY BURKE is the player the Jazz need to draft if he falls to them, if not package both your draft picks to move up to get him.

Victor Oladipo = Ronnie Brewer, super athletic and good defender but can't shoot a lick. I love Oladipo's athleticism but that is about all that transfers to the NBA, unless you guys are just wanting to draft another dunk contest champion.

Michael Carter-Williams = Alec Burks, I like Burks but we don't need another shooting guard trying to play point guard, MCW assist number are inflated because earlier in the season he got a bunch of assist to subpar competition and now that MCW is in Big East play his assist numbers have disappeared.

Trey Burke shoots more 3's than any of these 3 players and actually makes them. Burke is also consistent at passing the ball and getting high assist numbers almost every game. TREY BURKE is the player the Jazz need to draft if he falls to them, if not package both your draft picks to move up to get him.

Whoahhhh........ easy there cowboy...

Now i like the ronnie brewer comparison, i over slotted him in my draft because of his nba pedigree. oladipo is NOT as long as ronnie brewer so i only seeing him to be able to iso defend 2's, but he is shooting crazy %'s this year, ronnie brewer was never like that. oladipo has a nice bag of tricks.

MCW is definetly a PG or at least a 1/2 heavily weighted in the 1. Frosh Year he didnt get to play much, Cuses rotations were tight last year with seniors and Dion waters and 2 handfuls of 6'8" guys... so in that small time he got he averaged 8.1/per 40mins adjusted. Like burks he doesnt dominate the ball. He has MASSIVE potential for steals, very quick hands. BTW im a new yorker, i see cuse more than you guys. and they are dangerous this year. now i hope pkm can tell me what hes heard about this, ive read in the chatter that scouts think mcw's jumper looks like the type that gets better with time and it may develop into a strength. now you can draw your own conclusions but if he has a feared 3point shot, watch out, this is undoubtedly a proficient passer. his T/O's are related to mental lapses, and not dribbling low enough, hes similar height to lets say tyreke evans, jr smith or alec burks but has a considerably shorter wingspan(according to dx) which may keep his dribble high for his career. legit 6'5".

also what do you guys think of these 2 cuse 6'9" wings to play the 3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fACRkZ6kXAA <--- this kid gets busy, MICROWAVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdofaF65_IY
LETS DRAFT 2 CJ's !!!

Another 6'9" 3. he is one of the other iso defenders at this position other than Poy, I LIKE THIS KID. he is much skinnier then poy, but is a low volume player who FLASHES.

Lets Say Somehow we got those 4 players listed here on page 288 (2 CJ's and Southerland, Leo)

CJ McCollum - Burks - Hayward - Favors - Kanter
Mo - Foye - Southerland - CJ Fair - Al
Westermann - CJ Fair - Marvin - Evans - FA Vet 4/5

That team is ready for war...

Last edited:
Nice video man, he kind of reminds me of Sam Cassell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhjCNr4EtlQ

reminds me of this guy... but slightly more explosive, and maybe an inch taller, i eagerly await the measurements, not as strong though

EDIT: had LMA 1st overall in this draft btw.

McCollum does look exactly like Foye in terms of game doesn't he. Better ball handler perhaps and more of a true 1, but a lot of similarity. Interesting.

I would be surprised if we actually pick 2 players in the 1st round this year that both play for the Jazz next year. My money is on us trading both to move up, packing 1 with Sap/Jefferson in a S&T to get another player, or using 1 of them to pick a Euro and keep them in Europe.

I would be surprised if we actually pick 2 players in the 1st round this year that both play for the Jazz next year. My money is on us trading both to move up, packing 1 with Sap/Jefferson in a S&T to get another player, or using 1 of them to pick a Euro and keep them in Europe.

ive already discussed my trade up targets especially Poythress and Austin. heres a scenario for Shabazz

Lets say Millsap S+T + the 2 first rounders for sake of ease, in return for the rights to draft:

shabazz_muhammad.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrpL6zlJNzU

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like BURKS/MUHAMMAD starting back-court Hay can play 6thman 2/3 thats the roto, you can give them all 30+ mins...

now im biased with lefties i literally put like a 5% higher bell curve for lefties, ima lefty, ive played sports. when your lefty and can start from the top corner of the right wing, and you can drive left, and if no one can stop you, without sending help.... watch out... thats why ive said repeatedly over and over Crafty Lefty like harden

i could go on i want to see what you guys think of this though, shabazz seems like a defense breaker to me, i have him #1 overall

Besides Porter, who would the Jazz move up to get? Who would actually make a trade like that?