What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Cal will never guarantee a starting spot. He let's everyone know you'll get the playing time you earn. There's never any chemistry problems because the players know who is best and they see them getting the PT. Not much to bitch about at that point.

I'm surprised he's sitting so low in most mocks. May be they assume he's going back?

He should go top ten in this draft.

I'm surprised he's sitting so low in most mocks. May be they assume he's going back?

He should go top ten in this draft.

He has a pretty small body of work to study. He didn't make bb a priority in HS and he hasn't yet played a ton in his freshman year. That's excellent considering how good he is with little history of play .. but also a little risky.

For me I'd draft in this order;

WCS - too much size, athleticism, skill, and motor to pass up.
Austin - length and a proven shooting touch.. could become the best player in the draft.. but his skinny frame and frail play makes me pause.
Olynyk - I like him.. quite a bit.. but doesn't strike me as having a lot of upside.

For me I'd draft in this order;

WCS - too much size, athleticism, skill, and motor to pass up.
Austin - length and a proven shooting touch.. could become the best player in the draft.. but his skinny frame and frail play makes me pause.
Olynyk - I like him.. quite a bit.. but doesn't strike me as having a lot of upside.

Austin isn't having much impact against Oklahoma State right now.

Austin is 0 for 5 with 2 pts and 4 rebs. Baylor is down 15.

Marcus Smart looks solid though. Very confident in his decisions and such a bull he goes wherever he wants.

Smart with 6 TO's and 2 assists?

That's bruTALLL

If I were Orlando I wouldn't pick him top 3. I think he has potential to drop.

Glad I missed Bongo's horrible game, I was at the gym for a good six hours and saw some of the scores in the weight room and Texas was getting blown out. Bongo had 7 assists and 5 turnovers not exactly what I wanted to see when I saw the stats. Anyway I do like Olynyk, he is leading the NCAA in PER at 35.2 and shoots about 65% from the field.

Thanks. Does Austin look fluid in his movement or spazzish? He seems to swing both ways.

He's on the bench and has been for a while right now. He's just not a factor really. Pierre Jackson and the other guard are dominating the ball and chucking. The bigs just get leftovers.

Smart with 6 TO's and 2 assists?

That's bruTALLL

If I were Orlando I wouldn't pick him top 3. I think he has potential to drop.

Not because of this one game. .. I've just never fathomed him ahead of;
Noel
'Bazz
Mclemore
Porter

And I wouldn't personally put him ahead of Oladipo or even WCS.

Yeah, Smart has some careless turnovers in the 2nd half. Okie State is struggling a bit.

He just screams Tyreke to me..

Just for fun let's look at the 2009 draft and how it mirrors this year's draft PG wise:

#4 Tyreke (Marcus Smart)
#5 Rubio (MCW)
#6 Flynn (Burke)
#7 Curry (McCollum)
#17 Jrue (Bongo?)

Looking at this who would you guys take?

Noel
'Bazz
Mclemore
Porter

He looks tired to me. Maybe it has to do with chasing Pierre Jackson around. He's playing heavy minutes.

Noel
'Bazz
Mclemore
Porter

My top-ten right now is:
1. 'Bazz
2. Noel
3. McLemore
4. Porter
5. Bennett
6. Smart
7. Oladipo
8. WCS
9. Plumlee
10. MCW