What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Who's everyone's second choice if Schröder is off the board when we pick?

I said this before, I'd go with Adams at #14 (he'll definitely be there if Schroeder & Gobert are off the board). I think he's top 10 material if he'd stay 1 more year in college. He also come across as smart and tough minded.

Then go with a stud 2-way 3pt shooting SG/SF: Bullock, Crabbe, Caldwell-Pope, Rice, Snell.

Adams is a shot blocking C who seems pretty smart. He can back up Favors & Kanter. Then one of the SG/SF can slot right in next to Hayward and shoot 3's ala Kawhii Leonard/Green of Spurs. Also helps boost our defense - we need a Stevenson type player, a fearless, lock down defender.

based on the speculation in my last post (#13958) our team would look like this next year:

Mo, pick 13 (Schroeder), Tinsley?
Gordon, Burks, Murphy
Marion, DMC, pick 21 (Giannis)
Kanter, Marvin, Evans,
Favors, Pick 14 (Gobert), pick 46 (Iverson)

This team costs 50M.

Obviously the draft picks could be different ie: bongo instead of Iverson. If so then drop Tinsley and sign a vet big (Jason Collins as PR move to show Utah likes gays).

based on the speculation in my last post (#13958) our team would look like this next year:

Mo, pick 13 (Schroeder), Tinsley?
Gordon, Burks, Murphy
Marion, DMC, pick 21 (Giannis)
Kanter, Marvin, Evans,
Favors, Pick 14 (Gobert), pick 46 (Iverson)

This team costs 50M.

Obviously the draft picks could be different ie: bongo instead of Iverson. If so then drop Tinsley and sign a vet big (Jason Collins as PR move to show Utah likes gays).

Sounds good, but like Num said Dallas would probably go with Bucks as it's in another conference.

The Jazz would be stupid to do anything but try to get to the salary floor by acquiring assets from teams looking to get cap relief for one reason or another. Especially if it's a contract that expires after next year.

BTW, AL S/T FOR BEN GORDON AND...???
!!!

Ooh, Ben Gordon's a great idea. 13mil + their 2014 pick would be rad.

Dunno. The bobcats are at 53+M next year with 12 players under contract (11 players + their 2013 pick). I don't understand what that organization is doing but I'd be happy if the Jazz took Gordon off their hands for a year.

Ooh, Ben Gordon's a great idea. 13mil + their 2014 pick would be rad.

Dunno. The bobcats are at 53+M next year with 12 players under contract (11 players + their 2013 pick). I don't understand what that organization is doing but I'd be happy if the Jazz took Gordon off their hands for a year.

I broke down what the draft pick situation was with Charlotte a while ago, but needless to say, any pick the Jazz get would be protected to some degree.

I think this Mavs trading #13 rumor is just a rumor though... the draft is the best place to get quality players on the cheap. For the 13th pick it'll cost the Mavs $1.6mil to get a potential serviceable big man in Gobert/Adams. You're not gonna be able to do better than that for the same amount of talent in the FA market.

Mavs are probably just gauging interests... unless they get a bombshell of an offer, they'd probably keeping the pick...

They need just about every penny possible to try and get CP3 and Dwight.

It's not that simple. They'd be getting >$10 million in cap space, and if they think they can get both Dwight and CP3, then that likely is the difference in getting both or getting neither. Getting some project big from France or some project big from New Zealand hardly looks good in comparison.

This.

I broke down what the draft pick situation was with Charlotte a while ago, but needless to say, any pick the Jazz get would be protected to some degree.

I'm thinking like top 7 protected.

I will say this about Jefferson. If he's healthy for an entire season and a bad Eastern Conference team makes him the offensive centerpiece, they will do no worse than the forth worse record in that conference.

I would say that Orlando, Cleveland (cause their gonna tank) and Detroit would all have worse records.

Apparently Dwight is torn between Lakers and Houston (i.e., Dallas doesn't yet quite feature in the equation).

Despite all signs pointing to his Lakers return late in the season, the star (Dwight Howard) whose infamous indecisiveness led to his Orlando saga being dubbed “The Dwightmare” is – according to a person with knowledge of his situation – torn between the idea of Laker life or the notion of joining a Houston Rockets club that looks so much more appealing with James Harden & Co. in tow. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of Howard’s process.

Read more at https://www.hoopsworld.com/howard-torn-on-choosing-rockets-or-lakers#QgwciB5T2mCT62PI.99

This is a good sign, as it may discourage Cuban to try and trade the pick.

PS: Damn, I can't believe even the Jazz is affected by Dwight's decision. This is ridiculous.