What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Agree with PG_AB on his Rondo/schroder and Bullock/Hairston comments.

Btw.. none of the other three deserve any comparison to Rondo at this point.

As has been said.. Rondo's playing chess and erybody else is playing checkers.

Corbin barely plays checkers.

im pretty sure once the first few picks happen 3-4-5 should fall in line to consensus, but whatever goes on 6-7-8 should really shape what the jazz are gonna be looking at with 14, specifically i worry about 12 and 13 being trade up spots for Dennis whom i really do believe at least one team has in the top 10

i still dont see the fascination with taking on a bazillion rookie contracts, but the jazz could really bring the roster age very low if they were to lets say somehow land #10 and keep the other 3 picks

im thinking maybe something complex like

we keep 14

but trade #21, the 2014 and #46 for #10, #39, #40

Schroder@10, Gobert@14, Goodwin@39, Southerland@40

that puts us at

Schroder/Burks
Hayward/Burks/Goodwin/McNeal
Southerland/Burks/Marvin/Evans
Favors/Kanter/Marvin/Southerland/Evans
Kanter/Gobert/Favors

going into free agency

im pretty sure once the first few picks happen 3-4-5 should fall in line to consensus, but whatever goes on 6-7-8 should really shape what the jazz are gonna be looking at with 14, specifically i worry about 12 and 13 being trade up spots for Dennis whom i really do believe at least one team has in the top 10

i still dont see the fascination with taking on a bazillion rookie contracts, but the jazz could really bring the roster age very low if they were to lets say somehow land #10 and keep the other 3 picks

im thinking maybe something complex like

we keep 14

but trade #21, the 2014 and #46 for #10, #39, #40

You lost me when I read that.

i just think the jazz are gonna be a top seed in the west next year... so i mean yeah, i disagree with this whole site and thread about the value of the 2014 pick

i like a bunch of players in the 20's in 2014, its just i dont know why the jazz need all of these rookies in a 5 year span, the jazz are not gonna land a game changer in 2014 i say lets get a nice project and get him started this year., so all the youngs are in a 4 year window

id rather have #10 to take Gobert than #20 next year to take Cauley Stien or a player like Adrian Payne

or schroder at 10 than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLL8H4JhlN0 next year in the 20's

Adams or Gobert would be a nice pick up if we can get another pick. It would be great to have a center who is bigger than Favors on the floor, making a huge line-up.

We really need a 1, 3 and 5.

Adams or Gobert would be a nice pick up if we can get another pick. It would be great to have a center who is bigger than Favors on the floor, making a huge line-up.

Christian Watford may go undrafted, id love the jazz to take a flier on him to play SF...

but theres a very interesting 2nd round C, if you like to gamble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cIhuRGFFaQ

btw hes 7'0" not 6'10"

Last edited:

Yeah, if we can somehow acquire DAL #13 pick, I'd definitely go with Schroeder & Adams.

#13 Schroeder = 1
#14 Adams = 5
#21 Bullock = 3