What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

I delete the messages because eventually im going to delete them all.. about half of my work is already done on that...

I certainly missed on Shabazz Muhammad, Thought he was a starter, hes a 6th man, conceded that long ago. easily my most egregious rating from that draft.
he just turns 22 tommorow.. so have some perspective, the books far from closed on him, though i certainly valued him too high, i thought he had harden like qualities but he was an early bloomer type. he's playing well in limited minutes so far, still is a good shooter.

What about Tim Hardaway Jr though... the majority here wanted Reggie bullocks 3 and d ability... and Mason Plumlee..1st team all rookies.. i dont like Michigan or Duke, at-all, but Hardaway really convinced me in that final season he had a niche in the nba, was always a fan of Mason, and thought he was just as good as Zeller.

I was in this thread talking up Rudy constantly, always was said if the Jazz took him 14th id have been cool with that.

I liked Summerleaugue MVP Glen Rice Jr, Pierre Jackson, Ray McCallum.
Always veiwed Steven Adams as a lottery pick, and said he's stronger than Kanter.

I never disliked Otto Porter but i mostly always preffered Anthony Bennett over him
, im confident in that moving forward aswell.

I hated Ben McLemore, and Trey Burke, I wasnt really buying the CJ McCollum hype either.. whom many around here preffered over Dennis Schroder and MCW (who i had safely in the top 10).

Alex Len and Nerlens Noel both must be appraised as damaged goods with very high upside, anything less is ludicrous, Who's to really pass final judgement's about these things anyway, not me, im fully aware they're projects, I'm just following trends that are in constant motion, perceived value.

I always thought Sergey Karsev was vastly overrated, and much preferred Tony Snell.

Always thought Archie Goodwin was a steal at the bottom of the first round and i still do, same with Rudy.

I never ever would have had any problems with Antetekounmpo either, I had him rated in the teens, which was way too low.

These teams have a full staff, with budgets for crazy analytics, film study and following these players live, then they come to the conclusion of fantastic ideas like 'Trading up for Trey Burke'... I'm just one dude with a bong in my hand, I never said i was the best, i think im pretty good. i think im getting better.

I was wrong about Trey Burke, 89 rating was too high, he's like 2nd grade material, though i always said i didnt think Trey was all that much better than than Keith Appling.

Some real gems here. ****ing clown.

I delete the messages because eventually im going to delete them all.. about half of my work is already done on that...

I certainly missed on Shabazz Muhammad, Thought he was a starter, hes a 6th man, conceded that long ago. easily my most egregious rating from that draft. he just turns 22 tommorow.. so have some perspective, the books far from closed on him, though i certainly valued him too high, i thought he had harden like qualities but he was an early bloomer type. he's playing well in limited minutes so far, still is a good shooter.

What about Tim Hardaway Jr though... the majority here wanted Reggie bullocks 3 and d ability... and Mason Plumlee..1st team all rookies.. i dont like Michigan or Duke, at-all, but Hardaway really convinced me in that final season he had a niche in the nba, was always a fan of Mason, and thought he was just as good as Zeller.

I was in this thread talking up Rudy constantly, always was said if the Jazz took him 14th id have been cool with that.

I liked Summerleaugue MVP Glen Rice Jr, Pierre Jackson, Ray McCallum. Always veiwed Steven Adams as a lottery pick, and said he's stronger than Kanter.

I never disliked Otto Porter but i mostly always preffered Anthony Bennett over him, im confident in that moving forward aswell.

I hated Ben McLemore, and Trey Burke, I wasnt really buying the CJ McCollum hype either.. whom many around here preffered over Dennis Schroder and MCW (who i had safely in the top 10).

Alex Len and Nerlens Noel both must be appraised as damaged goods with very high upside, anything less is ludicrous, Who's to really pass final judgement's about these things anyway, not me, im fully aware they're projects, I'm just following trends that are in constant motion, perceived value.

I always thought Sergey Karsev was vastly overrated, and much preferred Tony Snell.

Always thought Archie Goodwin was a steal at the bottom of the first round and i still do, same with Rudy.

I never ever would have had any problems with Antetekounmpo either, I had him rated in the teens, which was way too low.

These teams have a full staff, with budgets for crazy analytics, film study and following these players live, then they come to the conclusion of fantastic ideas like 'Trading up for Trey Burke'... I'm just one dude with a bong in my hand, I never said i was the best, i think im pretty good. i think im getting better.

I was wrong about Trey Burke, 89 rating was too high, he's like 2nd grade material, though i always said i didnt think Trey was all that much better than than Keith Appling.

And yet...

brace yourself...

post 3,875 in this thread...

keep waiting...

almost there...

id NEVER take adams in the lotto, he seems to me like a vastly less skilled kanter so i could never justify a lottery pick... as a falling prospect in the late teens early 20's maybe worth a flyer, his rebounding WILL translate, he makes weak bigs look flimsy.

i disagree with the no upside argument because he hasent been exposed to basketball like he would have over here in the states, hes got lots to learn, with him ultimately i need to see the measurements. worth keeping an eye on tho, imo.

****ing clown, bro.

Some real gems here. ****ing clown.

Aren't you embarrassed to still be acting like a childish tattle-tale in your 20's? Or you're just that shameless? Your stealing my slang too, which makes sense due to the amount of conversations I've sonned you in over the years.

I did well in 2013, I'll repeat myself though, again. Just about everything I said about Rudy was right. Schroder too. Selective memory is a bitch, aint it? You paint yourself into a corner by acting so scorned, you're obviously heavily biased. It's a joke.

the crux of your needling is about top players that weren't rated far off consensus My response to that is simply 'go rage against the machine, ******'.. aiming your frustrations at me is cute, i'm flattered, but it's certainly misdirected. I had more than a few good calls later in the draft to make up for the mess at the start, if you disagree so be it. I doubt you've given it a fair review. If your prepared to be thorough. Lets have at it.

What happens at the top of the draft isn't the whole story. It's easy to see why some accusatory, hyper-sensitive, lame like cy would lose that context.

THJ Was a great pick for the Knicks, how could you argue otherwise? they flipped him for the 19th pick in a much better draft.
Were you one of the numerous lames that told me how much better Reggie Bullock was, because of his defensive capabilities:cool:.

And yet...

brace yourself...

post 3,875 in this thread...

keep waiting...

almost there...

****ing clown, bro.

The process spans a long time. I Dont find some recruit like Aaron Gordon or Bobby Portis early on and become smitten like some teenage girl for a boy band, then pretend like that players infallible. That's ****** ****.

Like many have already done here with Ben Simmons. I'm not that easily impressed. I'm not biased because of teams or favorite players, I like ballers who can ball.. I report what I observe, I don't have any other horses in the race.

I don't lock in final answers til I have legit measurements from the combine, days leading up the the draft... To compare posts from information gathering stages to later updates, Is no proof of anything.

When I first showed up talking about Steven Adams being stronger than Kanter, and being able to rebound on his level, members here told me he wasn't. but yeah. I was wrong about Steven Adams.. I liked Gobert better. Silly me,

I will say I was right on with CJ in that draft missed on schro, though I don't think he's as good as most think he is. Was also a fan of Gobert and somewhat missed on the Greek freak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk