What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

It will be interesting to see his measurements at the combine. Specifically his body fat and weight. He is listed at like 243 which seems heavy and he is thick but I don't think he's fat/out of shape.

Anyway, I like the guy as much as Winslow and Hezonja. Think he has a little alpha dog to him that would be nice to have.

Indeed. I think he had excellent perimeter defensive skills in his first month of college ball. He's pretty much the prototype for BIG3/SMALL4.

GET STANLEY

I keep getting the vibe that the Jazz are targeting Winslow if they can find a trade partner for some combination of picks and maybe Trey. He is an amazing fit . . . solid offense, unselfish, defense is a huge strength, good size, not a cancer, good court awareness, decent outside shot, from a good program, always finds a way to impact the game.

I keep getting the vibe that the Jazz are targeting Winslow if they can find a trade partner for some combination of picks and maybe Trey. He is an amazing fit . . . solid offense, unselfish, defense is a huge strength, good size, not a cancer, good court awareness, decent outside shot, from a good program, always finds a way to impact the game.

What winslow has that Johnson doesnt is NBA athletisism. Johnson is good but not great. I agree with HH and naos that Johnson would be w great fit after all he is taller then Booker.

I'm officially on the Winslow train. I've always liked him, but the increasing likelihood of Tomic coming over has me convinced it would be our best option to move up and get him.

I prefer Winslow over Johnson, no question. I think he's a top 5, maybe top 4 pick (I could see some teams preferring him to Mudiay or Russell). Really don't think I'd like what we'd have to give up to go get him, though.

I like Stanley as a true SF who could play some 4 in a small lineup. I really think he'll be a lock-down defender in the NBA. Otherwise, I like Trey Lyles, Dekker, or Myles Turner (to a much lesser extent) as a stretch big at the 12 spot.

Johnson or Lyles at our spot would be a bigtime score.

If you can get Winslow without trading any current players (guaranteed contracts) not named Burke, then do it. Otherwise trade burke and/or 2016 first or OKC pick with a few 2nd rounders to get Johnson/Hezonja as one is likely to be available at 9, probably Johnson.

If you can get Winslow without trading any current players (guaranteed contracts) not named Burke, then do it. Otherwise trade burke and/or 2016 first or OKC pick with a few 2nd rounders to get Johnson/Hezonja as one is likely to be available at 9, probably Johnson.

yeah that's definitely not going to do it.

It depends what you want from a wing---

knock-down shooting would be Hezonja
on-the-ball defense would Winslow or Oubre
combo-forward potential would be Johnson
slashing would be Winslow

I've warmed up to Looney a lot the past week or so. He's got great length (7'3 wingspan), has shown promise as a floor spreader (42% from 3 on 1.5 attempts per game as a freshman) and looks like he'll be able to guard 3s and 4s (once he bulks up, which I don't think he'll have problems doing; he's got a good frame).

I'd be all for trading up to get Hezonja/Winslow/Johnson, but staying at #12 and taking Looney would be just fine by me. I think he'd be a good fit.

It depends what you want from a wing---

knock-down shooting would be Hezonja
on-the-ball defense would Winslow or Oubre
combo-forward potential would be Johnson
slashing would be Winslow

Not sure why Johnson isn't mentioned as a on ball defender either... Oubre might have the most potential there and Winslow certainly has some too, but Johnson had the best defensive season of the 3.

Not sure why Johnson isn't mentioned as a on ball defender either... Oubre might have the most potential there and Winslow certainly has some too, but Johnson had the best defensive season of the 3.

Nah, Winslow was definitely the most consistent defender.

Nah, Winslow was definitely the most consistent defender.

What makes you say this? He has more hustle to his defense I'll give him that, but Johnson is consistently in better positions and has a wider defensive range than Winslow.

Only stats I can find on the manner seem to support that Johnson and RHJ were equally important to Arizona's defense and both of their numbers are considerably better than Winslows.

What makes you say this? He has more hustle to his defense I'll give him that, but Johnson is consistently in better positions and has a wider defensive range than Winslow.

Only stats I can find on the manner seem to support that Johnson and RHJ were equally important to Arizona's defense and both of their numbers are considerably better than Winslows.
There were a number of reports saying that Johnson would slack off on defense sometimes and it was the reason his minutes went down for a time (I think he was even moved to the bench a game or two?)

The three of them all have great defensive potential, but Winslow showed the best motor of the group on that end this year. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the best defender at the next level, but I do think he was the most consistent as a freshman.

There were a number of reports saying that Johnson would slack off on defense sometimes and it was the reason his minutes went down for a time (I think he was even moved to the bench a game or two?)

The three of them all have great defensive potential, but Winslow showed the best motor of the group on that end this year. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the best defender at the next level, but I do think he was the most consistent as a freshman.

The only game he didn't start was the ASU game. And I'd agree that Winslow showed a better motor, but his superior motor didn't seem to translate to better defense according to the stats or my eye test. I love Winslows effort but I felt that somewhat similarly to Westbrook he runs himself out of plays - I also have some questions about his PnR defense. Anywho I have no doubt they will both be very solid defenders at the next level.

Really feel like there are enough options in this draft that we can't really go wrong (though something about Looney's game still seems off to me).