What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

Decent.

I think he's a stretch 5. lol

He's playing PF at UK thus far. He's going to be DYNAMITE in the PnR.

He will be exceptional running the offense from the FT line hitting cutters, open perimeter shooters, and hitting the 15 footer all day.. along with a PnR.

Yeah thats basically where im at, Im sure he could play PF, ultimately i think he'd be best served as a stretch 5. I'd bet the team that drafts him will be looking for a Center.

Lamarcus Aldridge is/was one of my favorite prospects ever, I had him #1 in the class and remember being very vocal about it, my pops was the type of Italian from Brooklyn who really had a strong sense of tribalism about him, anyone who was Italian was better than anyone else in his book, So he'd bet on Arturo Gatti fights, and he vouched for Andrea Bargnani simply because he was going to be the first Italian ever selected #1.

I was certain LMA and Rudy Gay were the most talented players in that draft. I saw enough of them from 2 years of college to be sure, I had Aldridge rated like a 99/100, I knew he was cant miss, he was taller and a better shooter than most every starting PF in the league, plus LMA can really run.

When i objectively look at Towns vs Aldrdige pre-draft... I think Towns is the better prospect...

Heading out for the day, before I go. jazzfanz, i wanted to ask -

do you think the positions the Jazz list the current roster at, could possibly be tipping their hand at which position will be drafted?

I mean specifically Hayward at SG, Burks at PG, and Exum at SG... When i first started thinking about those listed positions, I thought to myself, 'They're gonna target a SF in the draft, with a bigman as the plan B'.

Im probably wrong, and jumping to conclusions, we wont know the answer til draft night though.

Hayward, to me, looks like much more of a natural SF (and less of a white guy on the court) with this added weight. I always said if they're gonna play Hayward at SF they should have a 6'5" PG, i'm happy either way.

That led me to thinking, The Jazz could draft a SG, not any SG(most of which would be redundant), This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW69MdzqRmM

thoughts? DX has him ranked over Stanley Johnson(disagree). Winslow's been on the scene forever, and has most likely been overanalyzed because of it... His value skyrocketed at the 2012 Adidas Nations camp... same as Dante.

Some will tell you that his 'intangibles' are on MKG levels, dude's obviously a gym rat, hes had grown mans shoulders and arms since his early teenage years. I really like how low he dribbles. He's a demon on the boards.

"Hidey Ho Winslows" -
fammatters_urkel_hub.jpg

Jazz need a true 3 and D wing player. That's priority #1 IMO unless Kanter prices to be a waste then it's a stretch 4 over a 3 and D wing.

what part?

the last part.

Karl Towns shooting ability is advanced WELL beyond his years, its scary. LMA's was too but he really just has/had an automatic 15 footer, Towns can make all the shots, he's got infinite range.. He will be more accurate with halfcourt and 3/4 court heaves at the end of quarters than the guards on his NBA team.

Like i said about Exum's first step last year, when talking about Karl Towns shooting specifically, i'd use terms like "God given ability" "other-worldly" and "supernatural"

the last part.

Karl Towns shooting ability is advanced WELL beyond his years, its scary. LMA's was too but he really just has/had an automatic 15 footer, Towns can make all the shots, he's got infinite range.. He will be more accurate with halfcourt and 3/4 court heaves at the end of quarters than the guards on his NBA team.

Like i said about Exum's first step last year, when talking about Karl Towns shooting specifically, i'd use terms like "God given ability" "other-worldly" and "supernatural"

I have to admit I have limited exposure to his game and it is very possible that I might be wrong on this one. I just haven't seen it in the games I've seen. It sounds like if Towns' shooting and overall game is at the level you evaluate him, we should be making everything possible to get into position to get him. If he turns into a Lemarcus type(or better), I'd trade 3 first rounders and Kanter/Burke to get him, maybe even more.

I have to admit I have limited exposure to his game and it is very possible that I might be wrong on this one. I just haven't seen it in the games I've seen. It sounds like if Towns' shooting and overall game is at the level you evaluate him, we should be making everything possible to get into position to get him. If he turns into a Lemarcus type(or better), I'd trade 3 first rounders and Kanter/Burke to get him, maybe even more.

Hes got all the tools to not only dominate in the NBA, but to make it look easy, and hes a legitimate triple threat player. He's the type that you cant gameplan to stop, you can only hope to slow him down and bother him. Hes used to seeing double and triple teams, which I really like. It means to me, that hes probably more NBA ready than some would have you believe.

The Jazz are going to need a lottery miracle to land him though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUtnziNbKlk

Emmanuel Mudiay continued his acclimation into the Chinese Basketball Association with his latest effort.

the 6-foot-5 guard registered 22 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds in Guangdong’s 127-116 win over Qingdao.

Okafor reminds me of some sort of a mix between Boogie, Duncan and Big Al. I like him a lot. Still not sure I'd take him over Towns though. Need to watch both a lot more before I can make any sort of decision on that.

Winslow is really good. Smart, good defender, good rebounder. Impact wise, think of a smaller MKG with a better shot. I think he's better than MKG though, and doesn't really play the same position.

Kaminsky is nice, but I just can't see him being a big impact player at the pro level.

Sheed Suliamon seems to have just dropped off. He never really progressed from his freshman year. Oh, and Tyus Jones is really freaking ugly. Looks like a dweeb.

I'm excited for college bball to start. Always fun to watch.

This is crazy. In about 2-4 years, Kentucky could have 3 of the best bigs in the pros. AD, Boogie and Towns. All really impressive.

I know this isn't really the thread, but I love how Boogie has been playing so far. His efficiency is so much higher compared to when he was shooting like 43% (I think he was in his first year or two, I can't really remember off hand).

Okafor reminds me of some sort of a mix between Boogie, Duncan and Big Al. I like him a lot. Still not sure I'd take him over Towns though. Need to watch both a lot more before I can make any sort of decision on that.

Winslow is really good. Smart, good defender, good rebounder. Impact wise, think of a smaller MKG with a better shot. I think he's better than MKG though, and doesn't really play the same position.

Kaminsky is nice, but I just can't see him being a big impact player at the pro level.

Sheed Suliamon seems to have just dropped off. He never really progressed from his freshman year. Oh, and Tyus Jones is really freaking ugly. Looks like a dweeb.

I'm excited for college bball to start. Always fun to watch.

Good post.

I think Okafor is INSANELY talented offensively in the post. Like one of the best I've seen at his age in a very long time.
I would rather have Okafor as a freshman in college.. but I's take Towns' upside if I knew I had them for 7 years.

Good post.

I think Okafor is INSANELY talented offensively in the post. Like one of the best I've seen at his age in a very long time.
I would rather have Okafor as a freshman in college.. but I's take Towns' upside if I knew I had them for 7 years.

It's just rare to see a big guy with that many low-post moves who is also good at passing out of the post. That's why he reminds me of Boogie and Duncan in a lot of ways.

Agree with Towns' potential though. He has the potential to impact the game in so many different ways. I'd love to see Duke and Kentucky play just for that matchup (even though Duke would lose).

It's just rare to see a big guy with that many low-post moves who is also good at passing out of the post. That's why he reminds me of Boogie and Duncan in a lot of ways.

Agree with Towns' potential though. He has the potential to impact the game in so many different ways. I'd love to see Duke and Kentucky play just for that matchup (even though Duke would lose).

The way to bet.. but dUKe is one of only about 5 teams that have a shot at beating UK this year.. short of a fluke.