What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

Turner or Johnson are still probably the best likely outcome for this team in the draft. The good news is that Porzingis and WCS likely go earlier than our pick, pushing other prospects down. The bad news is that if they go to early, it might elevate Turner and push him out of our reach also. I'm still pretty sure that I'll be happy with whoever the Jazz end up with.

@ESPNSteinLine: Draft scuttle: Hearing Porzingis not only in play for Philly at No. 3 but now giving Lakers something to ponder at No. 2. Stock rising fast

Haha. The draft is such a crapshoot. Love this time of year.

Very much in play. Don't see Philly wanting Okafor.

I don't know. If somehow Okafor is there for Philly I think they should jump at the chance to draft him. They'd have the best young three man rotation at the 4-5, plus Okafor would be some nice insurance if Embiid ends up being the next Greg Oden. With his injury issues being well documented. Plus they could probably flip him or Embiid for a vet Allstar

This post is an attempt to exorcise my draft anxiety. Indulge me.

I'm nervous about picks 5-11. (I figure KAT, Porz, Russell, and Okafor go top 4).

5 - Orlando could use a defensive big: WCS
6 - Sacramento could use a defensive big: Turner (I'm pissed)
7 - Denver needs a wing: Hezonja
8 - Detroit needs a wing: Johnson
9 - Charlotte needs outside shooting: Booker?
10 - Miami - needs wing: Winslow
11 - Indiana needs either a PG or a fast big: Mudiay
12 - I'm disappointed but Looney is a great consolation prize. Trade down and grab him. Or just to be sure grab him now.

So looking at my fears I have Winslow and Mudiay falling to 10 and 11. Am I crazy? I hope I am.

I don't know. If somehow Okafor is there for Philly I think they should jump at the chance to draft him. They'd have the best young three man rotation at the 4-5, plus Okafor would be some nice insurance if Embiid ends up being the next Greg Oden. With his injury issues being well documented. Plus they could probably flip him or Embiid for a vet Allstar

What?

Our young 3 man rotation of Gobert, Favors, and Kaminsky will dominate those fools.

I'm nervous about picks 5-11. (I figure KAT, Porz, Russell, and Okafor go top 4).

12 - I'm disappointed but Looney is a great consolation prize. Trade down and grab him. Or just to be sure grab him now.

So looking at my fears I have Winslow and Mudiay falling to 10 and 11. Am I crazy? I hope I am.

No way Mudiay falls that low.

Why you nervous? Getting Kaminsky will be dope.

I don't see any way Mudiay slips that far. Winslow probably not but wouldn't be surprised if he did. If Winslow slipped I think Denver looks long and hard at him. Think he's a better fit for them then Hezonja. They could use a tough defensive minded sf

Turner or Johnson are still probably the best likely outcome for this team in the draft. The good news is that Porzingis and WCS likely go earlier than our pick, pushing other prospects down. The bad news is that if they go to early, it might elevate Turner and push him out of our reach also. I'm still pretty sure that I'll be happy with whoever the Jazz end up with.

No kaminsky, decker, Payne, Lyle, looney. The rest in our range I like.

No way Mudiay falls that low.

Why you nervous? Getting Kaminsky will be dope.

Whoops. I forgot about Kaminsky. I think I originally had Detroit grabbing him. It's a possibility, but I figure they need a 3 more. Charlotte could take a defensive big, but Kaminsky isn't known as that. Miami doesn't need a big as much. Indiana could grab a big or a PG and if Mudiay's there I figure they grab him. There's also the talk they like Payne but that talk's been so loud I wonder if it's smokescreen.

Jazz should be able to pick between Kaminsky and Looney and maybe Turner. I'm happy with any of them.