What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

I'm surprised how Kaminsky's stock has plummeted amongst jazzfanzers. Why?

Not because of the Wondo's tweet (or whatever that place is called).

Is it because he said he only wants to go to 3 places and Utah wasn't one of them?

for me his stock has gone down because it appears he doesn't want to come here as he has a list of three teams he wants to play for. I'm guessing Utah isn't one of them but who knows

Bronc, I respect what you're saying & agree that you're drafting him entirely on potential as he hasn't had an opportunity to prove himself (which was due to a situation that was out of his control). I agree that you have to be careful not to overpay for any unproven prospect, but as far as I can tell, all of the skills & physical tools are there & if he busts, it will be due to attitude (which is why it is important he goes to a place with a strong support system such as Utah rather than a team like SAC) or injuries. I agree that #12/Burks/+ for Hezonja is a boom or bust type of trade, but it's one worth the risk imo as I don't see the roster as championship caliber as it currently projects.

Mario is playing with Barcelona still. They just advanced to the finals today(Mario had a good game in limited minute in the deciding 5th game against Unicaja - 8pts(3/4FG, 2/3 3pFG), 2rbs, in 7 mins). He won't be able to come to the US for workouts. I wonder if he'll be able to come for the draft either(third game of the finals is on 24th, so he probably won't be at the draft).
I wonder if he will slip slightly because teams can't work him out and he's not playing much right now.

A perfect storm for the Jazz to come in and get him?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bronc, I respect what you're saying & agree that you're drafting him entirely on potential as he hasn't had an opportunity to prove himself (which was due to a situation that was out of his control). I agree that you have to be careful not to overpay for any unproven prospect, but as far as I can tell, all of the skills & physical tools are there & if he busts, it will be due to attitude (which is why it is important he goes to a place with a strong support system such as Utah rather than a team like SAC) or injuries. I agree that #12/Burks/+ for Hezonja is a boom or bust type of trade, but it's one worth the risk imo as I don't see the roster as championship caliber as it currently projects.

Yet you you see hezonja as the player to make us champs? I think you have crazy intentions here.

I think the Hezonja - JR Smith comparisons are apt. But i know nothing about the guy. Just a vibe i get is he would be tough to coach.

I wish Karl Malone can say his thoughts more quick. One time I see you do TLDR section at the end and I would like to read this one.

for me his stock has gone down because it appears he doesn't want to come here as he has a list of three teams he wants to play for. I'm guessing Utah isn't one of them but who knows
How many of the top 12 -15 guys want to come to Utah? In Kaminsky's case it could be he just wants playing time. So he's looking at teams who don't have established bigs. I'm sure all potential draftees have favorite teams. If we are going consider preferred destinations we're left with Tyler Haws.

Per 40 Minutes, stats at Kansas:

Andrew Wiggins - 20.8 PPG on 14.7 FGA per game, 7.1 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.4 SPG, 1.2 BPG, 45% from field, 34% from three.

Kelly Oubre - 17.6 PPG on 13.1 FGA per game, 9.5 RPG, 1.5 APG, 2.2 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 44% from field, 36% from three.

I'm obviously not saying Oubre is better or is going to be better than Wiggins, but damn he compares well as far as stats go. Oubre had a 92.6 defensive rating while Wiggins had a 102.8 (the lower the rating the better). Marcus Smart had a 92.3 defensive rating in college last year just for a comparative stand point.

Oubre shot 36% from three this year on 95 attempts and had a great defensive rating. This guy could be the ultimate 3 and D player, but also the potential to be better than that.

My concerns with Oubre are not based on stats but more based on what appeared to be a soft mental approach to the game. In the limited clips and game film that I nave seen, I just didn't see that investment and warrior attitude on the floor. It was too casual.

To those saying that #12/Burks/Burke for Hezonja is too much:

You're right in the sense that it's an overpay, but (imo) you're wrong about it being too much. With the prospects likely to be available at #12, giving up a 6th man (on this roster), who is a questionable fit in this system, is coming off of a major injury, & has yet to prove he is worth the lucrative contract extension that he signed (although it admittedly could become a steal eventually), & a likely backup PG, who may not even stick in the league, plus our pick, for a player who has arguably the best combination of offensive potential, 3 pt shooting, & athleticism (when offense & 3 pt shooting are our biggest needs) is not too much.

This is likely our last chance at acquiring that final all-star caliber 5th starter, who brings the offense & 3 pt shooting that is necessary alongside our other starters, while having the length & athleticism to play plus defense. If giving up Burks, who I like, is what it takes to acquire what could possibly make the difference between being playoff regulars & legitimate championship contenders, it would be silly to not do so. 6th men (Burks), backup PG's (Burke), & 3rd bigs (likely options at #12) are replaceable, 6'8 SG/SF's who have the potential to score 20 ppg, shoot 40% from 3 pt, & play plus defense are not.
Good post.
The biggest issue is that mario is so unknown. He plays in Europe and does not play much. It is hard to know how good he really is. I mean what are his stats? I have no idea but I bet they don't look very impressive since he rides the pine so much.
Euros are risky business

Burks has already somewhat proven himself. Maybe people forgot what with his not playing much last year due to injury. But his game reminds me of Wade. He is an AND1 monster.

Hezonja? Looks good, but ya never know.

I'm surprised how Kaminsky's stock has plummeted amongst jazzfanzers. Why?

Not because of the Wondo's tweet (or whatever that place is called).

Is it because he said he only wants to go to 3 places and Utah wasn't one of them?
I think it is because of perceived attitude issues combined with impressive (and new) workout videos of other dudes.

Exactly. Last season he worked on his 3's and brought his percentage up significantly. But he was hammered in here by many for his lack of finishing. I forget what the % drop was, but it was fairly sizeable. That really shouldn't be a surprise; he had limited range of motion and was playing through pain.

The reason to consider trading Burks is his salary and Hood. Rodney showed he's capable of starting (if healthy). And getting Hezonja on a rookie deal would help the salary situation in the future. Not sure I'd do it, but I can see why some are advocating for the trade. I think the offer should be Burks OR Burke plus the #12 to move up. Maybe throw in a future first (the worst of our picks and OKC or GS).
Solid post

Frank Kaminsky is a dolt. A player in his position has no grounds for this only three teams? He is not for us. I am sure.

Per 40 Minutes, stats at Kansas:

Andrew Wiggins - 20.8 PPG on 14.7 FGA per game, 7.1 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.4 SPG, 1.2 BPG, 45% from field, 34% from three.

Kelly Oubre - 17.6 PPG on 13.1 FGA per game, 9.5 RPG, 1.5 APG, 2.2 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 44% from field, 36% from three.

I'm obviously not saying Oubre is better or is going to be better than Wiggins, but damn he compares well as far as stats go. Oubre had a 92.6 defensive rating while Wiggins had a 102.8 (the lower the rating the better). Marcus Smart had a 92.3 defensive rating in college last year just for a comparative stand point.

Oubre shot 36% from three this year on 95 attempts and had a great defensive rating. This guy could be the ultimate 3 and D player, but also the potential to be better than that.

Great post. I think him not playing at the beginning of the year created a narrative that really hurt his stock. Gotta love that we're in a pretty good spot to get either Oubre or Turner.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...ubre-uber-confident-at-Utah-Jazz-workout.html

Oubre sounds extremely coky/confident. Claims he is a great defender and that his BBall IQ, shooting and handle are better than expected. Say he can match up to and be better than Leonard, Harden and Butler.

Thoughts?

Also Locke says that the Jazz FO will have worked out over 100 prospects after it's all done. That seems like a ton. just one more reason I like this FO and coaching staff. They are putting in the work and looking everywhere for the right players.

Today is the early Entrant Withdrawl deadline....

Jake Fischer@JakeLFischer
"Just over 6 hours remaining before the 5 p.m. NBA Draft early entry withdrawal deadline and they're already pour in."

I think Timothe Luwawal is out, and as rumored so is Alpha Kabba. Some guy named Simone Fontecchio is out.

NetsDaily.com‏@NetsDaily
"Told Alpha Kaba and Timothe Luwawu have officially dropped out of Draft. Nets had interest in Luwawu."

*** Breaking ***

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 4m4 minutes ago
1994-born French SG Kevin Harley will withdraw his name from the 2015 NBA Draft according to his agent @OlivierMAZET. Auto-eligible in 2016.