What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I haven't noticed anybody mention it - I listened to a Locke interview on 1280 and they asked him if there has been a Rudy Gobert level workout this year. They usually ask him this specific question every year and he always says there hasn't been anything close to it. This time he said there were 2 that weren't exactly Gobert-level but they were close. The Jazz probably have at least two prospects they like very much. I think only Donovan Mitchell is a player who has worked out for us that is out of our range.

https://soundcloud.com/zonesportsnetwork/hans-scotty-g-david-locke-2

at the very end.

Yeah, it's Kuzma. Going to lol at all these clowns who hated on me for my early diagnosis of Kuzma's first round draft grade.

I think Perrin said Bradley impressed him with his shooting ability.

I noticed the Weber State guard is working out today and one of the guy also working out is a guy from Texas A and M Commerce that averaged 22 points 9 boards, 2 assists and 2 block per game and is listed as 6'8" 240 lbs and shot a good percentage from 2 and 3. He might be a sleeper.

It has already been brought up and someone said he hinted that one of them was a local?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Locke said there were two really good work outs. I'd predict that one of them has to be Donovan Mitchell. He's been wowing people in every workout.

One of the radio guys said he heard a local, in-state guy surprised the Jazz in his workout. It could be Kuzma and is likely Kuzma, since it's a reach to say Swanigan is an in-state guy. Locke wouldn't confirm.

Lessort apparently had a good workout with the Jazz, but the Jazz worked him out a year ago, I believe, so it shouldn't have come as a big surprise....which is what I think they imply when they say a Gobertesque workout.

DJ Wilson worked out with the Jazz before the Combine and his agent obviously felt it went well.

Bell could have dominated his workout. Hard to say.

Locke said there were two really good work outs. I'd predict that one of them has to be Donovan Mitchell. He's been wowing people in every workout.

One of the radio guys said he heard a local, in-state guy surprised the Jazz in his workout. It could be Kuzma and is likely Kuzma, since it's a reach to say Swanigan is an in-state guy. Locke wouldn't confirm.

Lessort apparently had a good workout with the Jazz, but the Jazz worked him out a year ago, I believe, so it shouldn't have come as a big surprise....which is what I think they imply when they say a Gobertesque workout.

DJ Wilson worked out with the Jazz before the Combine and his agent obviously felt it went well.

No, he didnt say it was in the Jazz workout. He said he heard a local guy has been surprising teams in workouts (multiple). Hans said he heard a local guy has been making waves, but then he asked the other guy if he was the guy he heard about from the Jazz. The other host said no.

I guess it could have been the Jazz also, but the information he was conveying is that it has been all over the league.

It wasn't Locke that said anything about it being a local guy. It was one of the hosts that asked him if it was the local guy and Locke didn't say anything. The other host said "No".

No, he didnt say it was in the Jazz workout. He said he heard a local guy has been surprising teams in workouts (multiple). Hans said he heard a local guy has been making waves, but then he asked the other guy if he was the guy he heard about from the Jazz. The other host said no.

I guess it could have been the Jazz also, but the information he was conveying is that it has been all over the league.

In this one he was talking specifically about the Jazz draft workouts I think. But indeed Locke said nothing about it being a local guy. The hosts speculated.

In this one he was talking specifically about the Jazz draft workouts I think. But indeed Locke said nothing about it being a local guy. The hosts speculated.

Yeah, Locke was talking about the Jazz, but Hans came in asking them if it was the local guy he had been hearing about doing well in workouts around the league. The other host only heard about 1 workout being great, and Locke had heard about 2. The other guy said no when asked if local and Locke said nothing, so it could have been.

Frank Jackson has been traveling to visit various teams with picks (or the potential to acquire picks) in the high teens and 20s, a source told Sporting News. Atlanta, with the No. 19 pick, had Jackson in for an interview, as did the Knicks, who are in the market to obtain picks later in the first round. – via Sporting News

Thanks Cy, Catchall, & Stitches for clarifying Locke's statement. Will be interesting to see if we ever find out later who he was really referring to.

New DX mock... OG drops to 22... move up and get him if that happens.

Has us taking Terrance Ferguson and I puked in my mouth a little.

Jeanne and Kurucs dropping out definitely hurt us. It doesn't really make sense that OG would drop unless he's just not going to be ready to play this year. Hopefully someone ahead of us takes Ferguson.

Jeanne and Kurucs dropping out definitely hurt us. It doesn't really make sense that OG would drop unless he's just not going to be ready to play this year. Hopefully someone ahead of us takes Ferguson.

OG was not among the 20 guys that got invited to green room. I could see him slide... medical stuff gets weird and if he slips past Denver I could see teams passing.

OG seems like a very love/hate prospect. I've read things where scouts said they think he's gonna be a star and others where they said he's just a 4 who can't shoot. I think his defense will translate well though.

OG seems like a very love/hate prospect. I've read things where scouts said they think he's gonna be a star and others where they said he's just a 4 who can't shoot. I think his defense will translate well though.

I actually think the entire problem is his ACL injury.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app