What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I have a serious question. If we get to the #21 in the draft and some team offered us future draft considerations for our pick, what would you expect and why? What would have to be offered for us to trade out of the draft?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

2019 is supposed to be bad. I’d take a good future first 2019 or 2020 with little to no protections and a pick in this years draft in the 30s at a minimum.

I could actually see the opposite happening... we trade a future pick for a pick this year. Good draft and getting a player on DMs timeline is important.

You would be okay waiting for a pick in 2021?

If i thought the outlook of the other team was grim and the rule was gonna stand, sure.

If the jazz land that pick in 2021 lottery they'll have made a big ROI. There's how u give Rudy/Mitchell a seriious 3rd gun.

N'faly Dante 7'7 wingspan at PF next to rudy would be insane. There's elite assets to be found in that lotto that'd cost a fortune on the open market. RJ Hampton, Jalen Greeen Jalen Suggs are all insane matches with Mitchell. Evan Mobley looks like a 6'11 brandon ingram, Scottie barnes insane point forward do it all 6'9 SF. To name a few. Isaiah Todd supreme newage Pf 6'11 with ballkills.

2019 is supposed to be bad. I’d take a good future first 2019 or 2020 with little to no protections and a pick in this years draft in the 30s at a minimum.

I could actually see the opposite happening... we trade a future pick for a pick this year. Good draft and getting a player on DMs timeline is important.

Moreso than bad the 19 and 20 drafts dont project to be deep which concerns playoff teams the most.

That one and done rule goes down for the 20 draft its gonna be LOADED. So its a bit sticky.

regardless of rule change in the 2020 draft theres Cole Anthony, 6'3 PG he's the top pg in HS right now. Would be an epic pairing with Mitchell their not gonna be remotely in range tho.

I have a serious question. If we get to the #21 in the draft and some team offered us future draft considerations for our pick, what would you expect and why? What would have to be offered for us to trade out of the draft?

I don't know. Seems like a decent year to have the 21st pick. Just about everyone stayed in the draft, Perin is getting everyone in for workouts (except Huerter). What appears to be a good year down the road could change if 6 key players returned. Rudy's contract ends in 2021 and he'll be unrestricted. Need to balance being good enough to retain him, while also staying young and waiting out the GS storm.

If the 2019 draft is supposed to be so bad, I wonder if a bad team would trade their pick because they don't think the pick will be that great. At the end of the day, is the 11 pick in 2019 that much worse than the 21 this year?

Have you seen him play much? He damn sure looks the part of an NBA big.... He's a load on the o glass like Kanter. He's YOUNG aznd dirt cheap and has many redeeming qualities. The risk/reward doesnt add up,

A young Kanter should’ve gotten at least some burn. Especially once Rudy went down. Why did we redshirt him?

If the 2019 draft is supposed to be so bad, I wonder if a bad team would trade their pick because they don't think the pick will be that great. At the end of the day, is the 11 pick in 2019 that much worse than the 21 this year?

Its not that big of a talent discrepancy . Its not as top heavy as this year or even close tbh. Theres still a good amount of quality prospects, somewhere in the teens there will be a big dropoff into more dilluted tiers than this year and last.

The 11th pick next year should be a pretty gold prospect. If u told me i could have simi *****u in 19 or my pick at 21 in 2018, im taking *****u.

For as bad as they'll make 2019 out to be im sure everyone around here is gonna like nas little who figures to go top5.

Philly is supposed to get better and they already have Sacramento's pick next year. Is the talent difference in this year's draft worth something like:

#21 and a future 2nd for #26 and Philly's lottery protected 1st in 2019?

Is it weak enough next year for Philly to go this route? We would end up with #26 this year and mid-twenties next year. Too much?

Philly is supposed to get better and they already have Sacramento's pick next year. Is the talent difference in this year's draft worth something like:

Is it weak enough next year for Philly to go this route? We would end up with #26 this year and mid-twenties next year. Too much?

Why not ? it's not too lopsided. Its tough to gauge at this point. If Anfernee Simons was in next years draft i couldnt see him falling to 26 or even 21 might happen this year tho.

Wendell Carter couldve been top 3 or even 1 next year,instead hes going 7-9this yr.

Couple bigs I know, Arkansas Daniel Gafford and Kansas Azubukie pulled out this draft so they'll get taken higher next year. Business decision.

Just for the record, Boston has the Kings pick via the Fultz trade

Simons or Mitchell Robinson. Those are the two high-upside mystery guys.

Actually, I think the guy they "don't know much about" would have to be Mitchell Robinson. Simons has a year of tape at IMG, did the Combine, did a pro day and just worked out with the Jazz. It's Robinson who has been MIA, and he's the type of physical specimen and top-10 recruit that wouldn't normally be available at #21.

Last edited:
Have you seen him play much? He damn sure looks the part of an NBA big.... He's a load on the o glass like Kanter. He's YOUNG aznd dirt cheap and has many redeeming qualities. The risk/reward doesnt add up,

No, sadly I haven’t. I watched the jazz not the orem Owlz. Didn’t make it to the D league this past season.

I did see him in SL. Looked big and skilled but severely underwhelming athletically. Not sure if he can be effective in today’s fast paced nba. Hope I’m wrong though.

My point is, if we think Khobo is the next D Lil, let’s not hesitate to trade up to get him as I don’t foresee Bradley as having much of a career here. Again, would love to be wrong.