What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I'd be all about getting Kawhii

but man what he did to his teammates this season...

What's the real story?

Reminds me of Russ coming out of UCLA. not much production, but incredible raw athleticism and plays hard.
Russ actually had some skill, even if it was somewhat raw...

You can barely see Smith even drubble in those highlights unless it's in transition just before he dunks.

I'd be all about getting Kawhii

but man what he did to his teammates this season...

What's the real story?

I’ve lost so much respect for Him. I want no part of him here. We’d have to part with at least one of Gobert or Mitchell, and we know they want to be in Utah. Not sure about Leonard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who might be the guy no one is expecting DL to draft, and might draw some boos like Stockton or Hayward, because they are totally being overlooked by the fan base and turns out to be a stud?

I feel there is no way we draft Okobo. I don’t think he’s as good as the rest of you make him out to be, plus the jazz love both Rubio and Exum from everything I’ve heard, plus IMO he’s way overrated. Some of you make him out to be the next great HOFer, and yet his stock hasn’t risen much if at all in the last two weeks, lol.

In a perfect situation, the Jazz find a guy that can believably play the 4 (is strong enough, while being switchy, hopefully can protect the rim), but is also stretchy and has real scoring upside. I don't know that anyone like that is going to be found at 21 or later. JJJ would be a dream if the Jazz can trade up.

Since that is unlikely, I prefer going scoring upside at 21 (regardless of position [outside of C]), so if Okobo is there, I think that's where I go. I would be happy if the Jazz got Bates-Diop there, though, as a solid and versatile contributor. Wouldn't hate if they got DiVincenzo there either.

I'm really intrigued by Omari Spellman. Feels like if he gets the right situation could be a steal as a potential bully 4 that can stretch the floor/strong backup 5. Feels like he could be there at 52.

I also like Tony Carr. Feels like another guy that could go late (as late as 52), then kind of explode in the NBA and leave everyone wondering how they missed on him.

Reactions: SCS
In a perfect situation, the Jazz find a guy that can believably play the 4 (is strong enough, while being switchy, hopefully can protect the rim), but is also stretchy and has real scoring upside. I don't know that anyone like that is going to be found at 21 or later. JJJ would be a dream if the Jazz can trade up.

Since that is unlikely, I prefer going scoring upside at 21 (regardless of position [outside of C]), so if Okobo is there, I think that's where I go. I would be happy if the Jazz got Bates-Diop there, though, as a solid and versatile contributor. Wouldn't hate if they got DiVincenzo there either.

I'm really intrigued by Omari Spellman. Feels like if he gets the right situation could be a steal as a potential bully 4 that can stretch the floor/strong backup 5. Feels like he could be there at 52.

I also like Tony Carr. Feels like another guy that could go late (as late as 52), then kind of explode in the NBA and leave everyone wondering how they missed on him.

Musa?

I feel there is no way we draft Okobo. I don’t think he’s as good as the rest of you make him out to be, plus the jazz love both Rubio and Exum from everything I’ve heard, plus IMO he’s way overrated. Some of you make him out to be the next great HOFer, and yet his stock hasn’t risen much if at all in the last two weeks, lol.

Both Rubio and Exum's ceilings as shooters are successfully taking what the defense gives them. Okobo - if he translates - brings an entirely different dimension offensively. I also just really don't have faith in Exum and it feels like the Jazz have been propping him up the whole time (with exception to when Hayward didn't want to deal with his awkward game and strong tendency for catastrophic mistakes).

Both Rubio and Exum's ceilings as shooters are successfully taking what the defense gives them. Okobo - if he translates - brings an entirely different dimension offensively. I also just really don't have faith in Exum and it feels like the Jazz have been propping him up the whole time (with exception to when Hayward didn't want to deal with his awkward game and strong tendency for catastrophic mistakes).

In fairness to Exum, he hasn’t had much time to progress due to injuries and is still young with plenty of time for growth, but I guess that depends on if the jazz resign him.

In fairness to Exum, he hasn’t had much time to progress due to injuries and is still young with plenty of time for growth, but I guess that depends on if the jazz resign him.

I don't think he is very talented at basketball. He looks like a track athlete that plays basketball to me. Vision, feel for the game, and scoring touch just don't look to be there to me.

For a player like that, they HAVE to stay healthy and keep working out their game. If he's just injury prone (he is), that's particularly problematic.

Fairness isn't a variable to consider at this level.

I don't think he is very talented at basketball. He looks like a track athlete that plays basketball to me. Vision, feel for the game, and scoring touch just don't look to be there to me.

For a player like that, they HAVE to stay healthy and keep working out their game. If he's just injury prone (he is), that's particularly problematic.

Fairness isn't a variable to consider at this level.

You’re evaluating a young player still early in the developmental stage due to injury he’s still learning how to play the nba game. He’s shown some scoring punch in the limited time he played last year, and shown an improved ability to finish inside, and the injuries haven’t seemed to take his speed or explosiveness at getting to the hoop. You’re giving up on him way too soon IMO. It’s too early to say how his career will go at this point

Just watched Drazen Musa highlights for the first time, and I have to say, those were some of the most enjoyable highlights I’ve ever seen to watch. I can’t believe he’s 6-8 and moves the way he does. I wouldn’t mind it if the jazz drafted him. He seems to have a nice range of skills. Step back, euro step, killer cross over, and range that goes forever. I just have no idea if he plays defense or not.

LOL I laughed reading the first bit. When I first saw him play a few summers ago I thought "What is this guy; the white lebron james?" He was just posting these 27-7-7 lebron like statlines in every game i watched and made it look ez.