What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Remember this name, and don't worry this is the last one of these. This kid is a surefire blue-chipper from the west coast, that might be putting it lightly too.. We're talking extreme, extreme upside here.. I've followed this story for a bit already too, there's no recency bias here, it's only recently occured to me just the gravity of this situation. I'm super-duper early here tho, this is the PG_AB plug from the underground :D, I can tell u the size of this kill by judging how many vultures are circling... I swear in a past life I was a tracker of some sort, probably an omega wolf.

I stumbled across this kid too, total accident, just had the sense to keep an eye on it..

Angel Corona. He's a legit 6'5" (1.98m), 12 years old growing rapidly, when I first saw him he was about 6'2 or 6'3.. California kid thats taller than many NBA 7-footers, such as Pau(1.95M) and Marc Gasol(1.85) were at 14..

Finding a better bigman prospect his age or younger appears to be a gordian knot situation..U could offer a bounty on fiding a better one and search far and wide and find nothing close...

He's had some mentoring from Brandon McCoy who's tearing it up at UNLV as a frosh, lookng like a lotto pick.

Now it's all sorts of obvious that there will be so many 'big fish' surfacing in these classes, point is tho, this kid is one of them, he's actually the potential leviathan, which is why I'm making this post now in 2017...

He'd be signed to a junior contract overseas already, probably years ago..These frail *** young teenage players that achieve top-rankings overseas so early would get obliterated by this kid, his skill level is increasing rapidly too, shoots ft's passes out the double team well, he also throws great outlet passes already.. He's like, way ahead of schedule, his footwork is really much better than many college bigs already...

@Dr. Jones U know how early I was on Wendell Carter, this is even years earlier and I promise u this call is Curry turning around to go play defense before the ball even splashes thru levels of nothing but net. He could end up something like Vernon Carey Jr...

There is a pair of Spanish brothers, the Garuba's, one's born in '02 the other in '04, who get compared to the Gasols. I like this kids upside better and he's born in '05..

There is at least one california based middle school scouting service that claims he reminds them of Marvin Bagley at the same age, they have him ranked #1 over LeBron's son.. He's young for the grade too. That is all. Have a good one.

Last edited:
The issue is tho, the "should be on the board when Utah drafts" part...

The top of his range is in the lottery and could even approach single digits. His stock kinda has that Terrence Ross or Kentavious Caldwell Pope type of feel to it where they projected in the teens but i'm not buying they fall out the top-10. It's one of those "it only take one team" type things..

The Shawn Marion comp doesn't get thrown around enough with him IMO.

Perfect fit for this squad tho. The wing rotation would be so strong and he'd be viable small-ball 4 next to Rudy or Favors. His upside is superior to lets say Rondae Hollis Jefferson or Taurean Prince.
I was talking about Trae Young

As far as Rui goes one of the things I like the most about him is that he seems to enjoy playing basketball. To often these guys play because they are tall and dont enjoy what they are doing.

Curious. Who in this draft would you trade Mitchell for?
Honestly. . . nobody. I think his ceiling is going to keep rising and he’s going to not only work to reach it, but he’s going to help recruit people to come to Utah. Hayward didn’t want the job, but Donovan has fully embraced becoming the face of this franchise. You don’t trade that based on potential. Doncic is great, and I’d love to have him. . . but I’m not giving Mitchell away for ANY rookie.

As far as Rui goes one of the things I like the most about him is that he seems to enjoy playing basketball. To often these guys play because they are tall and dont enjoy what they are doing.
I like that too. Seems like the Jazz value guys who like playing basketball and have fun doing it. As a fan, I really like that.

Curious. Who in this draft would you trade Mitchell for?

Well I mean there's no urgency to this thats the beauty. It's also more than fair that the Jazz could haul a top pick PLUS another asset for Mitchell at this point, his contract is extremely valuable for a player being successfully showcased as their first option offense..

I am a really big Anfernee Simons fan too, so if he ends up in the draft and looks improved, it could sway my list.

But it's only the top guys and I'm gonna omit Ayton and Bamba because of positional need, I just don't think thats the type of swap they're looking for, it doesn't add up dollars wise with this type of production from Mitchell.. The Jazz have great depth at the wing already, it's not like they need to address some need.

Michael Porter Jr. Luka Doncic, and of course Marvin Bagley but Mitchell is not enough, Bagley would of course be the safest bet to immediately replace his production, but the rammification of that is that Favors walks and the $$$ is re-allocated to the wing/replacing Mitchell's production. In a Scenario like this I'd like to think they could land Avery Bradley at SG to replace him, thats suitable.

A funny thing would be if they did such a swap and then offered Marcus Smart a deal to replace Mitchell. Mitchell is superior to smart tho, obviously. Mitchell kinda reminds me of a slightly more tame Monta Ellis in Marcus Smarts body, I caught the 2nd half it was wild.

Last edited:
@ncoloradojazz I've watched this dude Jordan Goodwin you were hyping at St. Louis get dogged out twice on national TV already..

Gimmie Nojel Eastern any day of the week. Goodwin appears to have made a poor college choice, that team looks like trash and sub-500.

The score is 42-13 at the half.... I have a lot of tv's but this deserves to be turned off.

Terrence Davis of Ole Miss might be a better 2-guard prospect than Bruce Brown Jr. Half a year younger (despite being a junior)and putting up better shooting stats this year.

Keep an eye on Terence Davis of Ole Miss. Has had 3 great transition blocked shots today. Younger than Bruce Brown Jr.

Ayton looks so clueless on defense a lot of the time. Doesn't know when to go for blocks or help on D. Looks soft contesting shots. Has bad hands, especially in traffic.

I think he'll be like last year Andre Drummond. Some monster games, and some games where it looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on a basketball court.

Ayton looks so clueless on defense a lot of the time. Doesn't know when to go for blocks or help on D. Looks soft contesting shots. Has bad hands, especially in traffic.

I think he'll be like last year Andre Drummond. Some monster games, and some games where it looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on a basketball court.
Yeah but he can shoot.

was fun to watch McCoy and Ayton. when they defended each other, i'd give the edge to Ayton, but by the end of the game, McCoy kept hanging around and was very productive.