What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Word is it's gonna be the Bulls or PHX trading up to #4, i'm guessing the Bulls want Culver. PHX i guess Culver or Garland..

If the price is right this is a gamble worth taking.

Really like the fit for all parties tbh.

Mitchell - Langford - Ingles-is an extremely viable perimeter trio.Quinn could figure out how to make it work asap...

Langford is in no way redundant with Exum, different postionally, both are 6'6' thats bout it.

I just really think the Jazz could use some added youth and athleticism on the wing. Langford fits the physical profile. He was really good as a PnR ball handler at Indiana. He scored well running it and he showed flashes as a playmaker/passer in it too. Which I really think would fit well for us because of the offense Quin runs. The added bonus is that he can create his own shot off of the dribble which is a skill that we desperately need more of on this team.

He'd have to improve as a shooter, off ball offensive player and defender though. Decision making needs improvement as well.

I just really think the Jazz could use some added youth and athleticism on the wing. Langford fits the physical profile. He was really good as a PnR ball handler at Indiana. He scored well running it and he showed flashes as a playmaker/passer in it too. Which I really think would fit well for us because of the offense Quin runs. The added bonus is that he can create his own shot off of the dribble which is a skill that we desperately need more of on this team.

He'd have to improve as a shooter, off ball offensive player and defender though. Decision making needs improvement as well.

Small price to pay for a prospect of that quality.

I always thought, and still believe that Langford is one of the better SG prospects i've seen.. He mostly shoots the ball well when i've seen him tho

How good is the Weber State kid that worked out yesterday? I saw one place that he was one of the top 50 high school players nationally when he signed with Utah. I know Diamond Stone was a McDonalds All American so high school success doesn't necessarily translate.

I haven't seen the Memphis Grizzlies work out players slated for later in the first round. In fact, the only workouts have been Ja Morant and RJ Barrett. So if the Jazz or Celtics are going to trade a late first-round pick to Memphis for Mike Conley, there isn't much evidence that Memphis knows who they'd draft at 20, 22 or 23.

"Dort's toughness, athleticism and long-term potential will be attractive to an organization that prides itself on character and work ethic."

From Givony's latest mock. He has him going 27th to the Nets. But that description sounds like "Jazz DNA".

I wonder if Chuma Okeke was one of the two players Walt Perrin was hoping they could work out but couldn't due to injury. Or did it seem like he was referring to recent injuries?

If the price is right this is a gamble worth taking.

Really like the fit for all parties tbh.

Mitchell - Langford - Ingles-is an extremely viable perimeter trio.Quinn could figure out how to make it work asap...

Langford is in no way redundant with Exum, different postionally, both are 6'6' thats bout it.

And both can’t shoot for **** from 3.

And both can’t shoot for **** from 3.

I was not a Langford fan because of this but apparently he had a thumb injury for all of last season. He shot the three at around 35% in HS. It shows that there might be a little more shooting potential there that we didn't get see last season. So I've kinda warmed up to him as a prospect.

I was just browsing through some stats for various prospects and this one stood out. Bol Bol had a 63.2% TS% and a 61.0% eFG% despite only 38.6% of his FG attempts being taken at the rim.
Basically the second best player in the country for those 9 games.

I wonder if Chuma Okeke was one of the two players Walt Perrin was hoping they could work out but couldn't due to injury. Or did it seem like he was referring to recent injuries?

I think it's recent injuries. Kevin Porter Jr. is canceling another workout tomorrow on short notice. I think he's probably one of the guys who may be injured. The other guy could have been Cam Johnson or maybe Mathisse Thybulle, but I'm just guessing. They were trying to get Keldon Johnson in as well, per Tony Jones, but I'm not sure Keldon agreed to come in.

In DL's* official mock draft, he traded pick 23 and Jae Crowder for Bjelica and pick 40. The Cavaliers wanted 2 FRPs for Kevin Love. Utah also had discussions for Doug McDermott and E'Twuan Moore. All hail DL!

*David Locke

This is Samanic shooting at the end of his Sixers workout.

You could tell that he was shooting at the nd og his work out. His shots where all arms. That is why they were so erratic. He does have some work to do an repetitiveness of his shot. If you notice he also looks down at his feet before shooting

In DL's* official mock draft, he traded pick 23 and Jae Crowder for Bjelica and pick 40. The Cavaliers wanted 2 FRPs for Kevin Love. Utah also had discussions for Doug McDermott and E'Twuan Moore. All hail DL!

*David Locke

Do you have a link to his podcast?

So Sacramento gets Jae Crowder for Bjelica, a better overall player for a guy we could have pursued in free agency, and moves up 17 draft slots too? That's pretty bad. Jae Crowder and #23 should enable the Jazz to move up to 16 or so to draft Nickeil or PJ Washington. Who does he like at #40?

Do you have a link to his podcast?

So Sacramento gets Jae Crowder for Bjelica, a better overall player for a guy we could have pursued in free agency, and moves up 17 draft slots too? That's pretty bad. Jae Crowder and #23 should enable the Jazz to move up to 16 or so to draft Nickeil or PJ Washington. Who does he like at #40?

Jazz part starts around 40:25

*David Locke

That is awful. Jae and #23 better net us more. We would have to get Harry Giles also