What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Bradley sucks, we should move him. We need another young blood that's more versatile, gamble on a draft stretch 4
If anything he probably just gets cut. I'm guessing it will be a Bolomboy situation where has to win the last spot in training camp against a 2nd rounder/undrafted type.

I can't watch the draft or comment here during the draft this year. I was starting to feel angry about it, but if the Jazz are giving away another pick I guess I don't feel so bad.

I will likely join the board later that night to vent my frustration through a variety of salty memes and sarcastic posts.

Is this different then your normal behavior?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Correct me if I am wrong but I'd the jazz trade for Conley will they be working as a team over the cap and will then have the MLE?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

If they match salaries, they'll have a larger MLE of 9.2mil, and they will have the BAE which is 3.6mil. If they acquire Conley into the cap, they will have the room MLE of 4.7mil and the BAE. They'll also have the minimum in both cases. Andy Larsen breaks it down well here.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/06/17/mike-conley-qa-how-utah/

It sounds as though the Bucks are going to attach the #30 pick to a contract to get some cap relier. They're trying to bring back all of their free agents.

Celtics are expected to trade at least one of their first-round picks. Danny Ainge really liked Grayson Allen last year. Not sure if he still feels that way.

Celtics are expected to trade at least one of their first-round picks. Danny Ainge really liked Grayson Allen last year. Not sure if he still feels that way.
As far as I can tell, the two reasons we drafted Allen are
1. Mitchell said to.
2. The Celtics wanted him.

DL is crushingggggg

Sam Vecenie's "final" mock draft (it will be constantly updated as intel comes in)

23 Cameron Johnson - The Jazz badly need shooting. Johnson is the best shooter in the draft, and would fit well positionally next to the Jazz’ signed core of Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, and Joe Ingles. Johnson will be the oldest player selected on draft night at 23 years old already, but that fits well with the Jazz’ timeline given that he’ll be expected to come in and compete early. There are some defensive concerns here due to his strength level, but he has reasonable lateral quickness on the perimeter. If he can become even an average defender, Johnson will play in the NBA for a while. His range will start around No. 18 and extend all the way through the first round.

This pick is also absolutely out there being discussed in potential trade packages by the Jazz as they look to take the next step in the Western Conference hierarchy. The potential Mike Conley deal obviously is the one that stands out the most, and also the one that makes the most sense to me given his ability to play both on and off ball next to Donovan Mitchell, as well as his two-way play at the lead guard position.

53 Miye Oni - The Jazz like big wings who are tough and long. Oni fits that bill, and has also become a pretty solid shooter. Another role player’s starter kit here that fits perfectly positionally with a potential playoff team.

Where did the "Mitchell said to" stuff come from? Is this confirmed?

Grayson crushed a workout that Mitchell attended, and he went to DL and said something like "sooo Grayson at 21?" But they didn't draft him because of that, it was just a fun little story.

If they match salaries, they'll have a larger MLE of 9.2mil, and they will have the BAE which is 3.6mil. If they acquire Conley into the cap, they will have the room MLE of 4.7mil and the BAE. They'll also have the minimum in both cases. Andy Larsen breaks it down well here.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/06/17/mike-conley-qa-how-utah/
Pretty positive you can’t have the room MLE AND the full MLE. The entire point of the room MLE is you had cap room and shouldn’t be in a situation where you have less money to spend than a team over the cap.

Pretty positive you can’t have the room MLE AND the full MLE. The entire point of the room MLE is you had cap room and shouldn’t be in a situation where you have less money to spend than a team over the cap.

Right. They'll either have the cap MLE/BAE/min or room MLE/BAE/min

Walt Perrin on 1280 about "if you have different position players with similar skill-level, upside, etc, what position you would pick?": Perrin: "So you mean what position we need most? SHOOTING WING!"

Prospects that fit the bill:
Tyler Herro
Keldon Johnson
Ty Jerome
Cameron Johnson
Chuma Okeke
Admiral Schofield !!!!!!!! #LockeWatch ALERT!!!!
Carsen Edwards if you count him as a SG?
Dylan Windler?

Walt Perrin on 1280 about "if you have different position players with similar skill-level, upside, etc, what position you would pick?": Perrin: "So you mean what position we need most? SHOOTING WING!"

Prospects that fit the bill:
Tyler Herro
Keldon Johnson
Ty Jerome
Cameron Johnson
Chuma Okeke
Admiral Schofield !!!!!!!! #LockeWatch ALERT!!!!
Carsen Edwards if you count him as a SG?
Dylan Windler?
Windler. By a lot.

Grayson crushed a workout that Mitchell attended, and he went to DL and said something like "sooo Grayson at 21?" But they didn't draft him because of that, it was just a fun little story.

Sooo the jazz didn't invite Mitchell to any workouts this year?