What's new

For all the haters and boo birds...

Its adults getting paid millions of dollars to play a meaningless silly game. Cheers and boos are apart of games, they have been for a long time and will continue to be in the future. Thats how fans express what they like or dont like. Fans who paid to be there and are funding everything.

Toughen up kids or go get a real job if you cant handle a few boos.
I actually really agree with ron.... and I never agree with him on just about anything

I didn't listen to what Locke said, but I did see Ingles tweet or whatever it was.

I honestly think a lot less of Ingles. In his comment he said something like, we want fans to enjoy the game, have their popcorn, be on their little date night or whatever...

**** you, Joe! If I feel like booing while I'm on my meaningless little ****ing date night, I'll boo. Sorry my life is so pathetic, yet my boos are so hard for you.

Joe handled that as poorly as I think it could have been handled.

Go back to teaching math and drivers ed you sonofabitch.
Yikes. Bad day?

Still, it's no big deal. It's just a boo. Every star player gets booed all the time on the road. Again, it's just part of playing a fun silly game for entertainment sake.

If Joe Ingles is so worried about players feelings maybe he should reconsider his relentless trash talk which could be construed as workplace bullying ?? After all the opponent he is belittling and dehumanising in front of both his teammates and a crowd of 18000 could suffer some kind of emotional trauma ?? I mean the guys he’s hitting 3 pointers on aren’t trying to play badly, they’re trying but they can’t win every contest ...

**** you, Joe! If I feel like booing while I'm on my meaningless little ****ing date night, I'll boo. Sorry my life is so pathetic, yet my boos are so hard for you.

Whoah!! Are you alright mate?

I didn't listen to what Locke said, but I did see Ingles tweet or whatever it was.

I honestly think a lot less of Ingles. In his comment he said something like, we want fans to enjoy the game, have their popcorn, be on their little date night or whatever...

Tbh, guys like Ingles get the greatest respect cause everyone thinks they're so chilled and cool.
He is definitely trying to pretend like he hasn't changed etc over the years.. But even watching him carry-on to the refs every friggin time he drives the ball says he is pretty full of himself these days.

Not that it should matter - but I found his comments so unAustralian as well. I hope he is booed when introduced next game. Get his head back to what it use to be.

If Joe Ingles is so worried about players feelings maybe he should reconsider his relentless trash talk which could be construed as workplace bullying ?? After all the opponent he is belittling and dehumanising in front of both his teammates and a crowd of 18000 could suffer some kind of emotional trauma ?? I mean the guys he’s hitting 3 pointers on aren’t trying to play badly, they’re trying but they can’t win every contest ...

LOL

If Joe or the team in general is supposed to be not so thin skinned about booing....doesn't that work the other way around too? Maybe some fans on here shouldn't be so thin skinned about Joe or someone else on this team making/showing their disapproval of the "fandom" playing out in the stands.

I don't get to watch the games in the arena but I'm sure if the team was sitting in my living room they wouldn't have liked my commentary :). However, what Joe said in his tweet doesn't bother me either...

Yikes. Bad day?
So you didn't get any of the humor in my post, either?

But that line about people's little lives was arrogant and ugly. This isn't a big issue, the booing or his not liking being booed or the fact that he outed himself as thinking he's that much bigger and better than the people there to watch him. It did sort of shatter my previous image of him, but not that it matters, really. I was never going to be his friend. I watch the guy play basketball. He's good at it. If he's arrogant then he's like many of the other people that are really good at basketball.

I listened to Locke's analogies about booing on his podcast and they're so infantile. Booing professional athletes is akin to bullying the shoeshine boy at a country club, lol - get the **** out of here.

Naos put it perfectly in an earlier post - Jazz have as many emotionally invested fans as any other franchise Those emotions are not going to run one way 100% of the time. Does it sometimes come from a place of bad form or ignorance (like Wednesday night)? Sure.

But I can tell you as a guy who has been to NY Yankee games, Philadelphia Eagle games, NY Ranger games, Boston Bruin games, The Jazz are wayyyy ahead of the curve when it comes to positive re-enforcement from their fans.

Last edited:
Anyone remember this tweet from Donovan last year when fans were booing Hood?

It's just not a good look to boo your own team, regardless of how they're playing.

Booing at a single player is a much uglier look I think than booing at the whole team because of lack of effort. The latter is common and should not be taken personal like Joe did, heck I even remember the Jazz causing a few boos to come out at other courts last year because they were dismantling the opposing team. It's part of sports and the fans passionately expressing how they feel about their team because they care. Would fans not showing up be better? I doubt mgmt would prefer that.

Utah Jazz fans are generally quite savvy, boos were coming from a quite visible lack of effort on defense which is inexcusable at the pro level.

I think the idea that if you pay someone enough money, it's okay to dehumanize them. I think it says a lot about someone that thinks that way.
Are you ok with booing bad calls by the refs?
(I know you will say you are not)

I think many people saying we shouldn't boo the players and that booing is stupid would probably boo the refs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the idea that if you pay someone enough money, it's okay to dehumanize them. I think it says a lot about someone that thinks that way.
Could booing just be a form of criticizing them when they are performing poorly at their work?

I get criticized if I perform poorly at my job. I could even be disciplined, suspended, or fired depending on how poorly I do. Am I being dehumanized when I disciplined for sucking at my job?

This