What's new

For the the 2nd year in a row, the game @Detroit changed everything

Roy_McAvoy

For the 2017-2018 season, the Jazz had a record of 19-28 and were down 9 points at Detroit with 3 minutes left. Then, something changed and the Jazz came back to win in OT. From that game on the Jazz finished the year with a record of 29-6.

Fast forward to this season. The Jazz are playing at Detroit with a record of 19-20 and Donovan Mitchell, who had been struggling all year, goes off and leads the Jazz to a win. One play he points to a fan saying "you did this. It's your fault"

Prior to that game Mitchell was averaging 20.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 3.5 apg, and shooting 41% FG's and 29% 3pt over 39 games and the Jazz record was 19-20.

Since that game Mitchell has averaged 28.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg and shooting 45% FG's and 37% 3pt over 23 games and the Jazz record is 17-6.

Unreal. Thank goodness for Detroit. Here's a highlight of it:

Last edited:
I’m sick of all the Mitchell bashers!! He’s better than Simmons and Luca. It’s not even close. The only reason for any struggles is him being a second year player and adjusting to stiffer defensive game plans against him and his coach being in his ear telling him to be aggressive and shoot everytime he has the ball. There’s no doubt in my mind he’s going to be a top 5 player in the league and lead us to a chip along side Rudy, idiots. @Maneesh did you see that, I called you an idiot again!!