What's new

Former Jazz players around the league

All you Saben Lee fans, he is available again. He might be setting a record by being cut by the most teams before January. This makes the Sixers the fourth team that has waived him this season in addition to the Jazz, Suns, and Raptors. He was putting up big numbers in the GLeague this season. There was a flurry of two way players getting axed. The Pistons and Mavs also waived guys yesterday.

Rudy is getting destroyed around the league after their last game. He got benched in the 4th, lead the team in negative plus/minus, and got out played by 3rd or 4th string backup center from the Heat.

Yikes.

Rudy is getting destroyed around the league after their last game. He got benched in the 4th, lead the team in negative plus/minus, and got out played by 3rd or 4th string backup center from the Heat.

Yikes.
Unfortunately he seems like a negative impact player for them. Its not by his own performance, its just that Ant and DLo somehow cannot compute how to play with him.

When they have Naz Reid on in place of Rudy.. they look a lot better.

Yikes.

Minnesota fans complaining about his effort. That is something I didn’t hear anyone on here ever mention before about him.

What it does is prove that Snyder planned the Jazz game plan around Gobert. It was to maximize his strengths and hide his weaknesses. We are now seeing you can’t just throw him onto a team and expect greatness. It has to be planned and executed.

What it does is prove that Snyder planned the Jazz game plan around Gobert. It was to maximize his strengths and hide his weaknesses. We are now seeing you can’t just throw him onto a team and expect greatness. It has to be planned and executed.
this was always mine and others criticism of Gobert. Sure, he's a great player. But everything you do has to be built around him. And in the modern NBA that puts you at a serious disadvantage, especially against the better teams.

I love Rudy but it was really sad to see him try and catch a bounce pass, dribble almost at all, or even, try 90% of anything on offense outside of a putback/lob.

this was always mine and others criticism of Gobert. Sure, he's a great player. But everything you do has to be built around him. And in the modern NBA that puts you at a serious disadvantage, especially against the better teams.
If you dont have the pieces in place it's definitely difficult. That being said, I think generally what teams are looking to add are what is needed for Gobert to succeed. Dont think the pieces that fit best around Gobert are all that rare, but they are sought out so if you dont have the assets to get them because you overpaid for Gobert, it puts you in a bad spot.

I love Rudy but it was really sad to see him try and catch a bounce pass, dribble almost at all, or even, try 90% of anything on offense outside of a putback/lob.
That's one thing I really hate about Rudy. 7 years and well payed and didn't put enough work to develop his offensive skills. Now he's left behind.

That's one thing I really hate about Rudy. 7 years and well payed and didn't put enough work to develop his offensive skills. Now he's left behind.

I really want to see what some of these big men with so called great work ethics are focusing on in the summer. Rudy was definitely in the gym working on his body but I would love to know what his daily routine was from a skills training standpoint. Even if you are only in the gym working on your shot for an hour a day you should see some massive improvements. When it comes to a professional basketball player I would expect them to be getting up shots at least twice a day for an hour each session in the offseason.

AS much as i love rudy, i can only agree about this. some people here say how good Snyder use Gobert. I'm not totally agree. Good coach develop their players. Rudy staying 7 years here and unable to develop a 5-15 ft range shoot is a big failure. Specially in modern NBA. I do think Rudy will slide slowly until he ended his career. Pretty sad.