What's new

Free Agency? —- Mods: Please delete

Free agency is merely another opportunity to explore trades. Jazz ain’t signing **** (unless they trade a large contract into someone else’s cap space).

Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. — Viktor Frankel
The whole point of breaking someone with torture is to take away their attitude towards their circumstance.

An increase in choices actually makes us less happy...

Enter Barry Schwartz, psychology professor at Swarthmore College and author of “The Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less.” Schwartz asserts that having increased options benefits people to a certain point, but as the number of choices keeps growing, negative aspects begin to appear. As the number of choices grows even further, we become less satisfied with the options we’re given, and the negatives escalate until we become overloaded. It’s at this point that our freedoms have paralyzed us. We end up making poor decisions; we’re more likely to be dissatisfied with the decisions we do make, or we become overwhelmed and make no decision at all.

Does this imply that we would be happiest with limited agency in general?

Maneesh is a scholar of considerable erudition. I endorse his inclusion in this philosophy of the human sciences. I endeavor to lay out my position on free agency in a robust manner this afternoon, after I have been fortified by ale.
How can I assist thank you thank you for be nice