What's new

Free Agency 2012 Thread

Hey Guys I'm creating this thread because I don't want to be rummaging through all kinds of threads for free agency rumors and news.

It looks like it will be an interesting offseason.

Hibbert has a verbal with Blazers for the max.

Raptors are offering Nash 3/36 (Wow!)

And Deron Williams will choose between the Nets and the Mavericks. I hope he chooses the Mavericks for the sole reason that it will mean that KOC pulled off one of the most lopsided trades in history when we snagged Favors.

Is there anything else going on.

Link for Raptors offer to Nash... and other tidbits.

https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/07/02/nba-free-agency-steve-nash-dwight-howard-deron-williams/index.html

I forgot to add... I personally would like to see Nash join the Raptors. The Raptors need a win, even if it is a sentimental one.

Apparently Jeremy Lin is going to be a hot commodity as well. Wasn't there something that said he was worth well more then his contract?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221962/Raptors_Mavericks_Nets_Express_Interest_In_Jeremy_Lin

The article (It's a RealGM article for what its worth- probably not even the internet paper it is printed on) claims the Nets, Raptors, and Mavs are all players for Lin.

I'm guessing it'll go like this...

Nash goes Raptors (Too many years and too much money)

And loser of the Deron Williams sweepstakes gets Jeremy Lin. Can the Knicks match any Linsanity offer in order to keep him?

I really wonder if the Jazz make any move, there are really nice assets this years class.

I too want Nash and D. Williams to go away from their current teams. I don't like either Phoenix or the Nets.

I've never watched a full game of Jeremy Lin, so I don't know anything about the hype about him. But I would be careful about handing him a huge contract.

I really wonder if the Jazz make any move, there are really nice assets this years class.

I too want Nash and D. Williams to go away from their current teams. I don't like either Phoenix or the Nets.

I've never watched a full game of Jeremy Lin, so I don't know anything about the hype about him. But I would be careful about handing him a huge contract.

No meetings scheduled for Dragic, but apparently he is going to request 10 million per year. I would imagine he is seeking a 4/40 contract.

He's a good player, but I think his marketability will earn him some extra $$$ in free agency.

Apparently Asik just agreet to a 3 yr 25 million contract with the Rockets. The third year is for 15 million dollars. Apparently, this "poison pill" type of contract seems to be popular this year (The Lin Rumors).

I have no idea why the Rockets offered this contract. Unreal.

https://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8121358/backloaded-offer-jeremy-lin-give-new-york-knicks-pause-re-sign-sources-say

Wow that's a surprise for me I think Bulls won't match this offer.

Andre Miller will sign a three year contract with the Nuggets. I wasn't sure he had another three years in him...

I have to post this... Andre's D... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hQ13OqDxUI

Also, Jason Kidd will apparently sign wherever Deron Williams signs. I originally thought D-Will was going to the Mavs, but I'm starting to believe that he will sign a 5/100 contract with the Nets. It is a bigger market and D-Will can play mini-GM.

It would be funny if CJ Miles winds up in Brooklyn or Dallas as well (following Deron).

It looks like the Knicks will probably match any offer flying Lin's way, however, there is a chance that someone offers a "poison pill" contract (Raptors).

I don't think this will happen. My gut tells me Toronto is getting Nash.

https://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8121358/backloaded-offer-jeremy-lin-give-new-york-knicks-pause-re-sign-sources-say

Not really. Lin can only get so much $$$ because of his experience. I think the most he can get is like 8 million a year (think Matthews).

Not really. Lin can only get so much $$$ because of his experience. I think the most he can get is like 8 million a year (think Matthews).

From what I'm reading, since he's on "Early Bird" rights and not full Bird rights, at least for next season he can only be signed for the league average which should be in the $5 million range. I'm not sure if that's for just next year or the next two years. The toxic offer part comes in where teams could offer $15 million in the third year, which would give the Knicks 4 players making $14 million+ in the 2014-15 season.

The max Lin can apparently make is 4/40... However, the rumor in the article stated that Lin would be paid 5/5/15/15.... The two 15 million years is the "poison pill"

The article also states that the Knicks cannot offer him this contract, however, they can match it. Lin's situation is really confusing.

The max Lin can apparently make is 4/40... However, the rumor in the article stated that Lin would be paid 5/5/15/15.... The two 15 million years is the "poison pill"

The article also states that the Knicks cannot offer him this contract, however, they can match it. Lin's situation is really confusing.

That sums it up pretty nicely. The weirdest part to me is that other teams can offer him more than the Knicks, because typically free agency favors the team the free agent last played for in terms of what they can offer. I'm sure the Knicks are hoping that Nash goes to the Raptors.