What's new

Free agent Jonas Jerebko has agreed to a two-year, $8.2M deal with Utah

Always seemed like a solid player so I'm happy with it.

Also as I typed his name in Google to find his stats the 2nd most searched after his name was "wife" so of course I had to click:

740full-johanna-lundback.jpg
Hot damn!

Surprised that people don't know that Jerebko is a good defender, he's had that rep since his Detroit days

I didn't follow him much last season, but he's been a plus defender his entire career. He even played a decent amount of 5 for the Celtics.

He's always just been a weird fit for them, cuz Boston never had any rim protection so he often took large assignments for them.

I think he'll have a better Utah stint than a Boston one, pending he stays healthy.

I may have preferred Darrell Arthur, but I don't mind this.

wtf? one of the greatest videos in the history of youtube. mind blown.
Wow, I skipped over this video until I saw your post and decided to give it a watch.

Anyone else who skipped over it needs to watch it. Now.

Hot wife
Gordon Haywood clone (without the basketball skills)
Highlight video featuring inbound passes (after cavs baskets), uncontested slow-mo rebounds, crappy screens, and encouraging head taps to teammates in huddles.

What's not to like about this signing?
It's already given us great value.

Last edited:
Jazz sign Jerebko

Just delete please. I must be blind in the morning and missed that this topic is already here lol

Surprised that people don't know that Jerebko is a good defender, he's had that rep since his Detroit days

I didn't follow him much last season, but he's been a plus defender his entire career. He even played a decent amount of 5 for the Celtics.

He's always just been a weird fit for them, cuz Boston never had any rim protection so he often took large assignments for them.

I think he'll have a better Utah stint than a Boston one, pending he stays healthy.

I may have preferred Darrell Arthur, but I don't mind this.

He was a negative DBPM every year in Detroit. When he went to Boston posted a positive DBPM. I dont think he has ever had a defensive rep.

But maybe I'm wrong, IDK. I think he has had a "toughness" rep more than being a good defender.

He was a negative DBPM every year in Detroit. When he went to Boston posted a positive DBPM. I dont think he has ever had a defensive rep.

But maybe I'm wrong, IDK. I think he has had a "toughness" rep more than being a good defender.
FWIW, coming into the 2009 draft, DX compared him to Matt Harpring.

FWIW, coming into the 2009 draft, DX compared him to Matt Harpring.

LOL. One of the Jazz beat writers posted something on twitter about how tough-nosed Jerebko is, what a hard work ethic he had, etc. I responded by saying something like, "Did he play high school football?" I don't know if the writer caught my Harpring reference but I hope so.

I like Jonas. He is like Matt Harpring with a 3-point shot. Since he was with Detroit, I have thought he was a solid, high energy player. Without the serious injuries he has had, I thought he would be a full-time starter somewhere.

Part of me, though, would rather have Boris Diaw's expiring $7.5m than Ikpe and Jonas for a combined $7.35 per year x 2. Boris solo is better than those two combined for basically the same money.

Remember that thread I made about having a team full of mother ****ers?

Bodhi called it. Thabo. Jonas. Ekpe. Jazz are going full blown 2004 Pistons with this squad. If losing Hayward was what it took to pivot this direction. . . I'm okay with that. Been wanting this for two years now.

It now looks like the pull to play for Stevens was too strong. Glad to see the Jazz pissed off about it.

Now, how do we get Trevor Booker back?

I hope we get some Swedes on the forum.

I am a big fan, from Sweden. One of few (if not the only one). I've been following Jerebko since he came to Detroit. Happy that Utah Jazz will get some attention here in Sweden now. It's already happening.

Bodhi called it. Thabo. Jonas. Ekpe. Jazz are going full blown 2004 Pistons with this squad. If losing Hayward was what it took to pivot this direction. . . I'm okay with that. Been wanting this for two years now.

It now looks like the pull to play for Stevens was too strong. Glad to see the Jazz pissed off about it.

Now, how do we get Trevor Booker back?

He's an unrestricted free agent next summer! :)

I am a big fan, from Sweden. One of few (if not the only one). I've been following Jerebko since he came to Detroit. Happy that Utah Jazz will get some attention here in Sweden now. It's already happening.
Awesome. The more the merrier around here.