What's new

Free Agent Targets

margodydek

Looks like Lindsey has put us in a great position where we will be just fine if we're not able to lure any top free agents this off-season. I think a lot of people assume that we will look to shore up the bottom end of our roster and that will be the focus the rest of the off-season. I disagree. I think the FO will continue to look for "top down" talent, and if they strike out, then they'll sit out the chaos that will be this off-season. Obviously we're not going to get or even go after Lebron, KD, Conley, Horford type guys. But I could absolutely see us going hard after Gasol (Pau), Batum, Beal, Fournier type guys.

Looks like Lindsey has put us in a great position where we will be just fine if we're not able to lure any top free agents this off-season. I think a lot of people assume that we will look to shore up the bottom end of our roster and that will be the focus the rest of the off-season. I disagree. I think the FO will continue to look for "top down" talent, and if they strike out, then they'll sit out the chaos that will be this off-season. Obviously we're not going to get or even go after Lebron, KD, Conley, Horford type guys. But I could absolutely see us going hard after Gasol (Pau), Batum, Beal, Fournier type guys.

Which one of Hayward, Favors are you trading next year if we make that acquisition? Or do we trade Burks and let Hill walk?

We don't have a cash crunch but for any contract that extends into next year we will have issues.

The time to add a FA was last year... FA this year is a suckers game.

From Sltrib - After George Hill Jazz targeting Solomon Hill.
Maybe next up is Jordan Hill.

Grant Hill may also be replacing Matty.

Which one of Hayward, Favors are you trading next year if we make that acquisition? Or do we trade Burks and let Hill walk?

We don't have a cash crunch but for any contract that extends into next year we will have issues.

The time to add a FA was last year... FA this year is a suckers game.
I agree. If we can't get Solomon Hill, we should fill gaps wisely and short term. We can't afford to lose a current core piece on a free agent downgrade.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

LMAO at u thinking the Jazz will sign one of Gasol Beal Batum or Fournier.

The lack of common sense here is disturbing. Can people not see we already have upper echelon talent, and void of superstar. And u want to mess with chemistry by adding another Hood or Favors?? We should be adding cheap role players that aren't going to get in the way of the core we already have and know their roles and do them.

Never said we'd sign one of them. Just thinking that the Jazz will be aggressive in shopping for "top-down" talent and make that their priority. In all likelihood they strike out, but I do think they'll be surprisingly active come Friday.

The lack of common sense here is disturbing. Can people not see we already have upper echelon talent, and void of superstar. And u want to mess with chemistry by adding another Hood or Favors?? We should be adding cheap role players that aren't going to get in the way of the core we already have and know their roles and do them, or a real star player.
Fixed a little bit

I appreciate you an the Jazz give up mentality. We can never acquire or retain any quality players because small market. Yet OKC and SAS and many NFL franchises in small markets proves this is not true. What is true is you have to show willingness to spend to get. These are hobby horses man! Not business. Look what happens to OKC when they refused to pay Harden. My God the worst GM decision of all time.

I appreciate you an the Jazz give up mentality. We can never acquire or retain any quality players because small market. Yet OKC and SAS and many NFL franchises in small markets proves this is not true. What is true is you have to show willingness to spend to get. These are hobby horses man! Not business. Look what happens to OKC when they refused to pay Harden. My God the worst GM decision of all time.

Do I expect Lindsey to reach out to Durant's, Horford's and other top FA's agents? Absolutely. Do I expect those phone calls to last longer than 30 seconds? No.

From Milwaukee--
Charles F. Gardner@cf_gardner
League source indicates Bucks have requested waivers on Johnny O'Bryant and Damien Inglis.

I loved Damien Inglis in his draft. He suffered a broken foot before the draft so he fell to the 2nd round, then sat out the season. Then never got to play this past season with Kidds new Bucks.

He is 6-8 with a 7-3 wingspan and very athletic. He shot 36% from 3pt in the d-league.

"DraftExpress: At #31 Milwaukee selects Damien Inglis. Nice pick for the Bucks. Amazing body. Great defender. High basketball IQ. Very young. Major upside."

If his feet and ankles are healthy I wish he would get a chance with the jazz.

The Jazz won't be shopping for top tier talent. The draft proved that. Trading out of 12 for a role player instead of trying to trade up. Declining offers from the Suns and Celtics for a big trade. Trading back in the second round. They aren't taking shots here, they are staying the course. I expect a few low level free agent signings and a couple minor trades. That's about it.

I loved Damien Inglis in his draft. He suffered a broken foot before the draft so he fell to the 2nd round, then sat out the season. Then never got to play this past season with Kidds new Bucks.

He is 6-8 with a 7-3 wingspan and very athletic. He shot 36% from 3pt in the d-league.

"DraftExpress: At #31 Milwaukee selects Damien Inglis. Nice pick for the Bucks. Amazing body. Great defender. High basketball IQ. Very young. Major upside."

If his feet and ankles are healthy I wish he would get a chance with the jazz.

I liked Damien Inglis too ,he's worth looking into .Be good for the broadcasters too ....Ingles to Inglis for 2 pts

I didn't think about that, I listen to most the games, poor locke and poor me. Burke and Burks wasn't too bad because one was always injured then one got benched.

I'd love to top down improve the Jazz. The problem is this: who can we go get to do that? Batum? Yeah, he is better than Hood, but not so much better than Hood that it is worth paying him 15-20+ million per year.

I think if we add much to this team it will be through a trade. For a Rudy Gay or Kevin Love or some other player dump from another team.